Pre-ordered the iPhone 6+ at 3:00am EST
JoeyP17
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just want to start this first and foremost by saying Verizon Wireless has handled this pre-order of the iPhone 6 and 6+s horribly, I will explain.  Like most of you other guys and girls on the East coast i too woke up at 3:00a.m. and placed an order for an iPhone 6+ 64gb in space gray and added a line and ordered an iPhone 6 for my gf in space gray.  My order went through but glitched i'm guessing bc  at checkout it said silver iPhone 6+ 64gb.  Either way that was already one headache.   So at the end of the checkout it said delivered by 9/19  and that i would receive an email within 24hrs  to confirm this  order.  I received an email shortly after stating that it was shipping for 9/19, then i got another notification 2hours later saying that it's shipping by 10/7?!?! 

This as many of you know is completely frustrating. Then I called Verizon to find out what is what, waiting on hold for up to 35mins i might add.  They tell me that there were so many orders that they were unsure at that time but to use their email as a reference date more or less.  Also to check that USELESS excuse of a track my order site!!!! Whoever designed that should be fired that is clearly causing everyone headaches b/c its nothing definitive.  So I wait until today 9/17 and browse around online and talk to some of my friends about my situation.  To my disbelief I see online and hear from some of my friends that there were people who "PRE-ORDERED"   their iPhone 6+s on Sunday or Monday and they already got their shipping information stating that their phones would ship by the 19th!!!!! As many of you all know this was the icing on the cake for me, so many questions came to mind. 

1) How could this be possible when i woke up in the middle of the night the first night of pre-ordering to order mine and mines not shipping until 10/7?!?!?!

2) How could Verizon let this happen?

3) What kind of first come first serve system is this that they're using?!?!

4) If pre-ordering is so backed up with shipping how can the stores be allowed to carry physical stock yet all Verizon says is first come first served? Shouldn't it be pre-orders take precedence above walk in traffic?!?! otherwise what's the incentive?

So I take to the phone again to call Verizon Wireless customer service.  This time I wait a grueling 45minutes, (yes its worse b/c at this point I'm furious with the new information i have)  I finally get someone on the phone and explain to them the whole situation and the information that i had, she then tells me well "i apologize sir and can imagine how frustrating it is" , I stop her and state that I disbelieve that but thanks for reading her que cards.  She then explains to me that the cause of these people jumping in front of me getting their phones before me is bc of Apple. She states that Apple pushed everyones order back, i then tell her that's fine and good but why do these people get their phones before me? And i keep repeating the questions that i have numbered in the paragraph above.  Mostly i question their system and how it let this happen.  She then says its apple's fault again and connects me with apple.  I wait on the phone yet again 35 minutes to have apple answer these allegations and they confirmed exactly what i had thought.  Verizon Wireless and every other carrier purchases a given number of devices and thats what they have to fulfill orders.  They also confirmed that an error like that is on Verizon's system.  So being a loyal customer (aka feels like i'm being treated like an unimportant customer) I get transferred back to Verizon to talk to another rep.  Explain to them all of this that i'm typing now and say that since i pre-ordered and they'll have a physical quantity in store can they reserve one for me since they claim to "be so sorry" and "want to do something to resolve this issue".  They then tell me that they are not allowed to hold devices and i can wait in line but "it's first come first serve in the store" HOW IRONIC THAT STATEMENT!!!!!

THANKS VERIZON FOR MESSING UP PRE-ORDERS AND LETTING PEOPLE WHO ORDERED AFTER ME GET THEIR PHONES 9/19 WHILE I HAVE TO STAND IN LINE OR WAIT FOR 10/7!!!! AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE YOU CAN BET YOURSELVES THAT I WILL NOT RECOMMEND VERIZON WIRELESS TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS ANYMORE!!!! COULDN'T EVEN GO THE EXTRA MILE, I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE DEALING WITH THIS. COULD YOU IMAGINE IF WE DIDN'T PAY THEIR BILLS ON TIME?? AND AFTER ALL THIS STUFF ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING THEIR PHONES BEFORE PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO WOKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WHILE THEY WAITED DAYS AFTER!!!! UNREAL VERIZON AND YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS MADE A STEADY DECLINE FOR A WHILE NOW!!! THIS MAKES IT WORSE!!!!! CAN'T EVEN OFFER ANYTHING FOR THE TROUBLES AND THE POOR PLANNING ON YOUR PART AFTER ALL THE MONEY WE SPEND!!!!!    

Labels (1)
Re: Pre-ordered the iPhone 6+ at 3:00am EST
Lonefenix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hear ya man, this is ridiculous. I do enjoy taking the downfall to their error. I would expect something, SOMETHING in return for their mistake. But, I'm sure that won't happen because millions of people pre-orded. They have your money and no longer care about you. At least that's how it, unfortunately, is beginning to feel. It's a real bummer that companies can false advertise. Then proceed to blame the customer for there mistake instead of offering a discount, a gift card, or something in return for "their" Mistake, to keep us happy.

Best of luck to you JoeyP17

mindful32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very well said JoeyP17! Im experiencing very similar situation. Verizon reps claim it is all Apples fault.

Cjk26md
Enthusiast - Level 3

GREAT Service... HORRIBLE customer service.. This is long, sorry.. But- this is the convo I just had with Verizon.. I was so tired of talking to anyone anymore, I decided to chat... It isn't so much about not getting my phone when I was promised..sucks, but- whatever.... It's the fact I was told something, paid them what I was told the agreement would cost, they cannot commit to agreement and I am STILL charged.. So- I thought I would share this..

Good luck to you all... I know how much it sucks, I am sorry you all are going through it too..

>> Chat transcript removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

JoeyP17
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks and likewise! This is a circus show

JoeyP17
Enthusiast - Level 3

As for that chat conversation he kept saying "i understand and i'd be the same way and know whats youre feeling" stop that no you don't know what were dealing with!

Cjk26md
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried to convey.. The issue is you lied, the issue is you are purposely deceiving me, and refusing to refund what you charged once I brought it to your attention... They ALL go right to blaming shipping delays.. What does that have to do with someone guaranteeing me something (when they knew this all along), charging me for what they are assuring me, and then not committing to that obligation?!? If you can't get me my device by the date you promised.. Ok.. Things happen...sucks.. but- not gonna get any help.. Even tried what you did, "if you can't make sure it's here by day you promised, have one at store ready for me.." Nope... can't do it.. They don't even care enough to make up for the wrongs they have done... It's criminal..

JoeyP17
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its unreal how they cant hold one from the store for people that pre ordered!! Why are we being treated like this when we took the initiative and pre ordered? Shouldnt the people who decided to wait and not pre order have to wait longer than us? Reminds me of that childrens book about the grasshopper and the ants and how the grasshopper didnt act first!!

Cjk26md
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is utterly ridiculous... Wish ya the best of luck my friend... If you were in Dallas.. I'd meet ya out for the camp out Friday (i'll bring a 6 pack)... Good luck Friday. This all just sucks so much.

GStyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

AMEN!!! I too got up at 2:50am EST on the 12th to place my order for the Plus 64GB Space Grey. After dealing with their website issues, my order went through at approx 3:45am. and said delivery on the 19th. While ordering, I also called and was placed on hold for approx 40 minutes. They picked up about 10 minutes after I completed my order. They told me I would receive my phone on the 19th. Then when I received my email confirmation at 4:50am EST it said the delivery date was the 7th.

I'm hearing that people who pre ordered late, say Friday afternoon or Sat or Sun and were told Oct 14 have already gotten their tracking # for delivery on the 19th. MAKES NO SENSE!!!

I have spoken to customer service, the online ordering dept and get the same canned answers each time,  Verizon has handled this horribly and I will NEVER get involved with this again. I am planning on cancelling my order and moving to a carrier that appreciates their customers. Their coverage may be as good as Verizon's, but I won't be treated like a trained pig.