Randomly Showing "No Service"
rousea
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered my 6s through Verizon and activated it two weeks ago today (9/28). As far as the phone itself, everything was just fine until this past Friday (10/9). Unbeknownst to be me, my phone was showing "No Service." I don't normally look up in the top left hand corner because I'm always in areas with good service. However, someone sent me a message on Facebook asking why I hadn't responded to their text. After checking a couple things, I noticed my phone said, "No Service." It had apparently been in this state for a few hours without me knowing it. I restarted my phone and magically I had service again.

I thought it was just a random thing until I noticed my phone showing "No Service" again this morning. I sent my brother a text yesterday afternoon and didn't get a response. I didn't think much about it because he doesn't always instantly respond. Now I know why. Again, I restarted my phone and the text messages started flying in. At this point, I researched the issue online and found at least two threads on the Apple Support Forums.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7244915

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7246130

Someone in the first thread suggested turning off the voice over (Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE>Data Only). He said after he did this, the issue got vastly better. What would I be losing if I did this?

Anyone else experiencing this "No Service" problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Randomly Showing "No Service"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Its imperative your service is running in top form, Rousea. Lets take a closer look. Moving LTE to Data Only will disable Advanced Calling if you currently have it active which allows for simultanous voice and data. Just to confirm, the service area please provide the zip code.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rousea
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in 46074 and work in 46032, which are right next to each other. To my knowledge, I've never had this issue before (with previous phones - 5s and 4s).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you providing those zip codes, rousea. This is definitely odd as both areas do show coverage. Let's keep digging so you can go back to enjoying your phone and service. Were you able to test the Data only setting? When you activated your iPhone 6S did you receive a new SIM card? Have you noticed if your phone is showing No Service when indoors?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes