Receiving Error with Purchase when attempting to purchase a ringback tone on my recently purchases iphone 6 , Code: SCM248?
Wolfman

Recently upgraded to an iPhone 6+ from a Samsung device.  Had no problems with ringback tones with the Samsung phone, but I can't seem to be able to purchase one for my new iphone 6+.  I checked and this is not blocked for my phone and I have logged out and back in multiple times.  I am using the most up to date Chrome browser if that matters.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving Error with Purchase when attempting to purchase a ringback tone on my recently purchases iphone 6 , Code: SCM248?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for any trouble you're having with Ringback Tones, Wolfman. Thank you for sharing the details. Yes, iPhone 6 Plus can be used with Ringback Tones. But there's a process a user must take in order to add it. Can you share what steps you've taken, and where you see that error (if you're using your iPhone 6 Plus or a computer)? Thanks!

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Receiving Error with Purchase when attempting to purchase a ringback tone on my recently purchases iphone 6 , Code: SCM248?
Wolfman

I am using a computer, but would love to be able to just buy them directly from my phone!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the convenience from purchasing Ringback tones from your phone Wolfman. Are you the Account Owner? Have you verified there are no restrictions added to the line to prevent from purchasing Ringback Tones from your phone? Are you accessing Ringback Tones from the My Verizon App on your phone or Safari browser?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Wolfman

I am getting this same error message whether I try and buy a ringback tone via my phone using the my verizon app or if I try and buy and ringback tone online.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wolfman

Congratulations on getting the new iPhone 6+. Our newer devices have a new feature called Advanced Calling 1.0. This feature provides much better call quality on our network. Since this technology is different than what we had before, there are some features that are not yet compatible. Ringback tones is one of these. At this time our Advanced Calling 1.0 will not work with Ringback Tones. To prevent you from purchasing a tone that will not work with your device, the system stops you and produces this error.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes