Recently upgraded to iphone 6, but now I cannot listen to voicemails on my phone, I have to dial *86 to access them. The voicemails show up on my phone so I know they are there, but there is no content. How do i fix this?
ors53

Recently upgraded to iphone 6, but now I cannot listen to voicemails on my phone, I have to dial *86 to access them. The voicemails show up on my phone so I know they are there, but there is no content. How do i fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recently upgraded to iphone 6, but now I cannot listen to voicemails on my phone, I have to dial *86 to access them. The voicemails show up on my phone so I know they are there, but there is no content. How do i fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new iPhone 6, ors53! Let's get those voicemails working!

When did you get the new phone? Which phone did you have before? Are you trying to listen to new messages, (since you got phone), or older messages? Do you have Visual Voicemail? When you call *86, are you able to listen to messages?

From your phone, tap Phone> tap Voice Mail> Do you see messages listed? Please elaborate.

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Recently upgraded to iphone 6, but now I cannot listen to voicemails on my phone, I have to dial *86 to access them. The voicemails show up on my phone so I know they are there, but there is no content. How do i fix this?
ors53

I had an iphone 4. I got the new one a couple weeks ago. I cannot listen to new or old messages, but they are all listed on my phone when I tap on Voice Mail, just like they did on my old phone. When I call *86 I can listen to them, but I never had to do this on my old phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perfect details! When you activated this device, did you activate as New iPhone, or Existing iPhone? Also, are you on WiFi or Mobile Data when you're trying to listen to messages?

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ors53

I believe I activated it as an existing iPhone, so all the same settings were there as my previous phone. I have tried on WiFi and Mobile data and haven't been able to listen to the messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this information. This is really odd. The best thing to do at this point would be to Restore through iTunes.  Please try this and keep us posted. http://vz.to/1BBPd0h

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes