Recover unread texts from iPhone 6
esw1990

I dropped my phone in water and it's still working-- just the touchscreen stopped and the screen is black.  I can't unlock it w/ fingerprint or figure out how to turn it off.  But i CAN  talk to Siri to make calls, and to see if I have new text messages.  I can't have her read them because I need to unlock the phone to do this.  I have an iPad though, so is there some way I can get those messages to come to my iPad?  Or, if I activate my old iPhone 4, will those messages come through again because they are unread?

THANKS

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recover unread texts from iPhone 6
mama23dogs
Legend

Yes.  Turn on iMessage on the iPad.  Regular text won't show, iMessages will.

MEssages are not stored on the SIM card, so switching SIM cards to the old phone won't get regular text back, but will show iMessage.

0 Likes
esw1990

Thanks!! Okay so now getting texts to iPad.. but will I ever be able to recover those texts from the iphone that came in when iMessage wasn't on my iPad?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IN my experience, probably not.  I hope most were iMessage.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I believe you need to be on iOS 8 to have your text show up on other devices that are not iMessages. OS X Yosemite is al alternative. The problem is you need to have setup the setting to allow it.

0 Likes