Ridiculous Customer service and support
Daylawn
Enthusiast - Level 3

To begin my long line of issues with verizon recently, I decided to take advantage of their trade in promo to get a iPhone 6 plus (16GB Silver) cheaper with the trade in of my iPhone 5.  I filled out all of the info to have the boxing materials sent to my address and then filled out my pre order form on the 12th, later in the day.  I never got any conformation email and was worried so i tried to contact verizon support, which is a pain in the rear regardless of the day, but couldn't get any help or find anyone that was available to help.  Finally i got through on the 15th and they told me that something happened and my order didn't go through or something along those lines.  Regardless of where the error occurred in the ordering process and who made it (as it may have been me, who knows) I was never able to get an answer from verizon on what had happened and why.  I asked if i could then place a new order and they told me that i should wait and go into a local verizon store in my area to get the proper help.  I work late and find it hard to find enough time to go in to a verizon store during their hours, but couldn't get any help or answers over the phone.  I toughed it out and headed down to the store on the 24th and finally got my order placed and ready to go!   Now 12 days later, i receive an email saying my trade in packaging can't ship because i didn't use the promo it required by purchasing an iPhone 6.  Frustrated by yet another problem, i spent a whole day trying to contact support AGAIN.  I ended up just sending them an email with the attachment of my order conformation from the 24th.  When i went to forward it to Verizon i noticed that my shipping date was set for Oct. 24th.  I can't really sit here and wine and complain about that date because i know people ordered their phones before me and are still yet to receive them. What i can complain about, however, is that  because of Verizon's awful customer support and issues with their website and services, i am sitting around waiting on a phone I've ordered twice and have no idea when to expect it.  Let me also point out that i have a friend who ordered their 6 plus, of the same capacity and color as me, just two days ago on Oct. 3 and received his phone the very next day.  Talk about frustrating!  Yesterday i finally received my shipping material, to send back my iPhone 5, but i am still yet to have anything change on my iPhone 6 plus order.  Still no tracking number or anything, and just one "expected" shipping date.  I know I'm not the only one frustrated over the late shipping dates.  At this point, it would be much easier to just walk into a store and pick up my phone myself, however, because of the trade in promo, i had to have pre-ordered or bought the new iPhone 6 by Oct. 30th, so thats not an option.  Ive been trying to contact support for the past week to try an figure out whats going on, to no prevail.  I apologize if I'm coming of as rude or harsh, as i am just very frustrated, and know many others are as well.  I would love to stay with verizon, but with all of the problems I've had in the past and now, i think this may be my last purchase from verizon.

Dylan                               

Labels (1)
Re: Ridiculous Customer service and support
kristi_in_Cali
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain, Dylan.  We are their pre-order victims at this point. 

Pre-order means nothing to us at this point, but it guarantees them a sale.

By the time we get our Iphones, we'll be able to walk into any Apple store, which will have them on every shelf by then.

0 Likes
Re: Ridiculous Customer service and support
Daylawn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly!  Its crazy to think that you can pay $200-$500 for a phone, along with activation fees and other things they find to charge you for, and get such bad service.  I think its time for apple and all of the carriers to figure out how to handle these "pre-orders".  Apple has had this same issue, running out of phones before the release date, and yet continue to run into it over and over again.  As for Verizon, its become more about getting a sale and making a profit than providing any type of service.  I don't get how people who ordered their phones online on the 12th, still have not received their phones.  Its ridiculous!  How many models of this phone are these carriers providing for employees and putting out on display, as well as providing people with, simply to make a video of themselves bending and ruining the phone, before they take care of customers who met the requirements and still have not received a device. 

0 Likes