SMS Not Delivered (iPhone6)
WOESEO90

Hello,

I have an iPhone6 (Version 10.3.2 (14F89)) updated to iOS 10.3.2

I recently removed myself from a family plan and went to an individual plan. Ever since, I have not been able to send/receive SMS/MMS. When I try to send I keep getting the "Not Delivered" red text with the red exclamation mark.

Steps I have tried:

1. Reset the phone

2. Reset the network

3. iMessage on/off

4. Data LTE on/off

I have verified that my number is selected for SMS and SMS is turned on.

I would not like to restore my iPhone for such an issue and was wondering if there was another way around this.

Thanks,

Need_Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS Not Delivered (iPhone6)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WOESEO90- we want to make sure your phone is working properly. Can you please try powering your device off and removing the SIM card? Are you experiencing any other issues with Calls or Data? Is there any physical or water damage to your device?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
WOESEO90

Hello Verizon CS,

Steps I have taken.

1. Remove SIM

2. Turn off phone

3. Restart phone

4. Turn off phone

5. Re-insert SIM

6. Turn on phone

I still cannot send/receive SMS.

All other call features are working as intended and no physical or water damage has been made.

Thanks,
Wes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are great steps to begin with. Let's get your messages working properly. What messaging application are you using? Verizon Messages app? Does this also happen with iMessage?

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WOESEO90

Hello Team,

I am using my iPhone's built-in Messages app. iMessages are coming in and out without issues.

Thanks,

Wes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all you have tried so far, WOESEO90. I sent you a private message to continue to best assist you with your concerns. Thanks!

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SEAOGD47

Mine is doing the same thing. Can I get sent a message with the fix please. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have no fear. We are here to also assist you with the SMS error message, 

SEAOGD47. Have you been able to update the software version to 10.3.3 which was released on 7/19/2017?

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Colby_Danklef

Have the same issue. "Message Send Failure" when sending SMS on iPhone 6s. Tried all troubleshooting steps mentioned above. Updated to IOS 10.3.3, still having the same issue. Help.

0 Likes
WOESEO90

Hey Colby,

When you log in, hover over My Plans and Services and click Blocks. When you click on Block Services, here, you can turn ON and OFF different blocks on the account.

For some reason when I activated my account texts were turned off.

Thanks,

Wes

0 Likes