Service
JFOMALL3

Why has service quality gotten so bad ?  I am no longer able to use voice at my home..have had Verizon a long time. 3G was good.  4G LTE never more than one bar (if that) at home. I have iPhone  6S.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JFOMALL3,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with using voice services at home. Though indoor service can't be guaranteed, we know this is a major convenience we hope most of our customers can enjoy. 4GLTE and 3G technologies operate at different wave lengths, so they have different ranges and different capabilities when penetrating through building materials. That's why one may be available when the other is not. If you have a weak 4G signal inside your home, you can try improving your voice call performance by setting your 4GLTE to "Data Only" in Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options. This will force your calls to go out over 3G. Let us know if this helps?

EricW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Were you able to use voice before in the house? What changed was there an update and after that you could not use voice? Did you get a new phone and that is when it changed?

0 Likes
DONSAL65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had problems which began about 2-3 months ago in which I cannot receive or make calls from inside my work building, in Albuquerque (87109).  I have used Verizon at my building for over 7 years now without issue.  Now all of a sudden I don't receive all of my calls or texts and cannot place calls unless I step outside.  There are over 100 people that work out of my building and I am understanding that several are experiencing the same issues.  Nothing has changed on our side.  So the common denominator is Verizon.

Also, I used to hit one dead spot on the way home (87114) from work.  And now there are about 4 dead spots where I now drop calls.

Your service is now marginal but still at the expensive price.  Your customer service has reset my phone and has advised me that a newer model may work better.  But several of my peers have the newer iPhones and are experiencing the same issues.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that you are no longer able to make or receive calls inside your work building and that you have to step outside in order to make or receive calls. My resources indicate the structural interference and several other factors outside of our control can greatly impact indoor service at any given time. These factors outside of our control make it impossible for us (and any other carrier) to guarantee indoor service.

As a consumer I sincerely understand your predicament and while we cannot guarantee indoor service for the above reasons, we have a device that is used by several companies to improve indoor service. Please details about the Network Extender fir business at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-enterprise-basics/?lid=sayt&sayt=net...

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DONSAL65
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is not a reasonable solution... having the customer buy products to compensate for Verizon's new marginal service.  I'm sure your canned response is enough to show it as complete but it is by no means resolved nor satisfactory when Verizon does not address the issue of service that was previously very good service all of a sudden dropping to less than marginal service.  This does not even attempt to resolve the Verizon issues with mediocre service that have quickly spread across the country over the last several months.  Are there any engineers looking into why Verizon's service is no longer performing as it was prior to a handful of months ago?  Are your marketing folks no longer concerned with setting Verizon apart from "other" cell companies by providing better, reliable services?  Does your CFO know that customers are not willing to pay more for mediocre services when we can pay half the price for better service than Verizon is now providing?  Let's see if a canned response will answer those questions.  I think not.