Set up Gear S2 3G with iPhone 6?
sgmidf

I know that it's DESIGNED for Samsung phones, but I'm very interested in the Gear S2 and we have iPhone 6's.  I'd set up a line for it, so Bluetooth wouldn't be critical.  If it needs a Samsung phone, can I borrow one to set it up and then go back to my iPhone?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Set up Gear S2 3G with iPhone 6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for not clarifying, sgmidf. The Gear S2 does require a compatible Android device in order to function. If you complete the set up with a borrowed Android device, your content will sync to that device and not yours. The Gear S2 is not compatible with the iPhone.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to know if a device will be compatible with your current devices before you make your purchase, sgmidf. The Gear S2 is an impressive smart watch, so I can see why you would want to have this activated. The Gear S2 does require a compatible Android phone to complete activation via Bluetooth. It is normal to activate the Gear S2 on its own line and then complete the activation with Bluetooth.

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sgmidf

That doesn't answer my question.  I asked if you could activate it with a borrowed Android phone and then use it by itself or with my iPhone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for not clarifying, sgmidf. The Gear S2 does require a compatible Android device in order to function. If you complete the set up with a borrowed Android device, your content will sync to that device and not yours. The Gear S2 is not compatible with the iPhone.

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes