Severe Weather Alerts
MasterLimes

Hi, There was a tornado in my area (Ft. Myers/Cape Coral Florida) this weekend.  I was with my friend who has an iPhone 5 on AT&T.  He received several weather alerts about the Tornado and weather, but my iPhone 6+ on Verizon didn't get any alerts.  I have always had both Amber & Emergency alerts turned on in my settings.  I'd like to know why he received the alerts and I didn't when we were in the same place sitting next to each other.  Is there a problem with Alerts on Verizon's network?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Severe Weather Alerts
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I think the alerts are pretty hit or miss with most providers. There are times when I get an alert and my AT&T friend doesn't despite sitting right next to me. There are times I get Amber Alerts a half hour or so before I see them scroll on the tv. Sometimes I don't get them at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MasterLimes,

Alerts are vital in an emergency, and we always want you to be current on any emergency weather in your area. Lets get this fixed. Have you ever received emergency alerts for the Ft. Myers/Cape Coral Florida area? Were you traveling in the Ft. Myers/Cape Coral Florida or is this permanent billed address area? We have an awesome FAQ for wireless emergency alerts that can help as well http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wireless-emergency-alerts-faqs/.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MasterLimes

Hi Pamela,

I live in the area and it is the same county as my billing zip code.  I've received Weather alerts when I've traveled to Oklahoma and I've received Amber alerts before.  I don't think I've received weather alerts in my home area before.  I probably wouldn't have realized if my friend hadn't of received it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MasterLimes,

We want you receive all emergency and amber alerts in your area. Let us take a closer look at your iPhone’s setting to ensure  you start receiving all the alerts.  Is your iPhone iOS up to date? Please reset your iPhone’s settings by going in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Settings.  Keep us posted on how your phone functions with alerts after completing these steps.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes