Shipping questions
iz5599

Update on yesterday's post: I ordered a black iPhone 6 16gb on 10/13/14 and I just got a tracking number today 10/22/14 when I click on it, it says the tracking number cannot be tracked or it is an unknown number. My email says it has been shipped but Fedex says otherwise. ? It says I have one day ground shipping? Has this happened to anyone else? How much longer is my wait?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Shipping questions
woody-wood
Enthusiast - Level 2

With being able to print their own labels from the warehouse Verizon is able to have the tracking number for your package way before fed ex or UPS sees the package. So you received notification from Verizon that your package has been shipped and a tracking number but your package is still sitting at Verizon waiting for UPS or Fed ex to come pick them up and start the actual shipping. The number will not register with the shipping companies tracking until they are picked up and usually takes a couple hours to even be updated in the shipping computer.

If its not up yet I can't imagine it not being up by this evening but I have had over night packages never show any tracking info before the package arrives.

Hope that made sense? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
woody-wood
Enthusiast - Level 2

With being able to print their own labels from the warehouse Verizon is able to have the tracking number for your package way before fed ex or UPS sees the package. So you received notification from Verizon that your package has been shipped and a tracking number but your package is still sitting at Verizon waiting for UPS or Fed ex to come pick them up and start the actual shipping. The number will not register with the shipping companies tracking until they are picked up and usually takes a couple hours to even be updated in the shipping computer.

If its not up yet I can't imagine it not being up by this evening but I have had over night packages never show any tracking info before the package arrives.

Hope that made sense? 

0 Likes
iz5599

Thank you! Yes that makes sense, hopefully my package will be on its way soon

0 Likes