Signal Strength Issue
Duals

My Apple iPhone 6 never gets more than 2 dots signal strength.  Location doesn't matter.  Could the case be blocking the antenna from receiving a stronger signal?  Other causes?  Any others experience this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal Strength Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Signal strength is important in all phones. We want to make sure you have the best signal. A case is a reason of why a phone can not reach its top performance. Anyone else having issues with signal strength? Are you having issues with your services?

RobinDD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Duals

Case is not the reason - remove it with no change in signal strength. Is the a problem with the phone? How can I check Verizon's signal strength in my area?

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking that for us, Duals. How long has the issue been going on? Does the signal get better when outside as compared to when you're inside?

TimothyS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Duals

Took the phone outside - it registered 3 dots of signal strength - inside 2 dots.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duals,

Thanks for those additional details and testing the phone outside. We're eager to continue to troubleshoot and find some resolution today.

What zip code are you located in? How long has this been occurring for exactly? Please share as many details as you can. Additionally, we can always be reached for more immediate support at 1-800-922-0204.

TrevorC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Duals

I am located in zip code 19847. I also noticed this morning that the iPhone only showed 2 bars in zip code 18901. I purchased the iPhone in July at theVerizon Warrington store. To the best of my recollection

the phone has only shown 2 - 3 bars max from the date I got it. Is there a way to test if the phone is defective? Is there an area where Verizon’s signal is a strong 5 bars where I can see if the phone shows 5 bars? If I take the phone to either the Warrington or Montgomeryville stores can they check if there is a problem with the phone?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duals,

Thanks for those important details. It sounds like we definitely have a bit of work to do in pinpointing the root cause here.

How exactly are your services being impacted at this time (slow data, problems with calls)?

Our local stores can definitely take the time to check out your device for any defects if you'd like to stop in.
TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
Duals

Problem is poor quality voice calls. I am receiving data OK. Does anyone know what the signal strength in my area really is?

If I get the chance, I will probably take the phone to a verizon store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duals - Your Voice calls need to be clear and working in top form. Have you downloaded any new apps or new fotware? Please let me know the software you have . Settings>General>Software upgarade. Let's check out your settings and make sure the device is set up at it should. Please go to Settings>Cellular. Is Ebnnable LTE set to Data only?
JacobV_VZW

0 Likes