Siri Stopped Working With Notes
MarkVZ51

Siri stopped working with NOTES on iPhone 6 a couple of weeks ago, apparently after iOS 10.3.2 update.  When I try to create my NOTE, my spoken note is displayed correctly screen, Siri says "Creating your note" but then comes back with a message "Something's wrong.  Can you try that again?" or similar.  Siri works with everything else.  I can ask Siri for weather or other information, create calendar entries, create reminders, etc.  Just not NOTES.  I can even ask Siri to read my NOTES from yesterday and that works.  I have tried shutting down all apps a turning Siri and Dictation off and then back on.  I have tried restarting my phone as well as hard resets.  I have also tried turning Siri and Dictation off (both together as well as each separately) and restarting my phone as well as with a hard reset.  I have also tried updating to iOS 10.3.3 but problem remains. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Siri Stopped Working With Notes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that you are experiencing issues with the Siri feature on your phone, MarkVZ51. I see in your post that you have done extensive troubleshooting including a hard reset, which is the ultimate troubleshooting step listed within our resources. When you mention doing a hard reset, are you referring to a factory reset via iTunes as per the link below, and setting your phone as a new device?

Factory reset as new device: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MarkVZ51

No.  By "hard reset" I meant holding the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears as opposed to just turning the phone off with the slider and then back on.  A reset (and restore) as you described is about the only thing I haven't tried.  I was still hoping to find another alternative, however.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It does sound like this is a solid step in troubleshooting. Please ensure your media is backed up before attempting it.

TylerK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MarkVZ51

Just tried resetting to factory settings and restoring from backup but problem remains.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re sorry for not providing additional details after the factory reset. Once the factory reset is done, we would need you to setup the phone like a new device (without restoring your backup). This way we can test the phone without any previous information that could be causing the trouble. If you could please perform the factory reset one more time but choose the Setup as a New iPhone option. This way you can test Siri without anything extra on the phone.

StevenM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MarkVZ51

I did the reset and set up as a new device and that finally had SIRI working normally again with NOTES. 

Prior to doing that, however, I thought that one of my apps might have been causing the problem so I deleted the 6 or 8 apps I had installed since purchasing the phone. The problem with SIRI continued, however, but I went ahead and saved a new backup anyway without any of my downloaded apps.

Once I got my phone set up as a new device and SIRI working, I tried restoring the above backup (without any of my apps and without doing another reset first).  Unfortunately, the SIRI problem with NOTES returned while SIRI continued to work fine with everything else.

Based on the above, I thought it must be a setting issue so I next tried going to SETTINGS>GENERAL>RESET>RESET ALL SETTINGS.  Unfortunately, as with everything else I've tried, SIRI's problem with NOTE remained.

So, the only way I've been able to get SIRI to work with notes is to reset my phone and set up as a new device which loses all my messages, notes, email, etc.  Guess I'm still looking for a solution.

0 Likes
MarkVZ51

Just noticed something else interesting.  Reset my phone and set up as a new device to get SIRI working with NOTES again.  After getting everything set back up again I noticed that all my attempts to create NOTES with SIRI since I the last time I reset my phone showed now showed up in my notes so they must have been saved to iCloud even if they didn't show up on my phone ????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MarkVZ51, we need to get your phone working with notes again. It sounds like your previous attempts did save, but didn't show up until your restore, correct? What happens when you try it now? You said that you tried to update your iPhone's software, did this succeed?

JoelR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MarkVZ51

I finally gave up.  I reset my iPhone and set up as a new device and SIRI is now working normally with NOTES again.  Still don't know what original problem was.  I believe it started with iOS 10.3.2 update.  Had tried all of the above steps without success.  Upgraded to iOS 10.3.3, numerous shutdowns and restarts, hard resets (holding Home and Sleep/Wake buttons), reset settings on phone, even tried resetting and restoring from backup but original problem with SIRI not being able to save new notes continued, even though typing notes worked normally.  Setting up as a new device was the only thing that solved problem.  Even tried restoring a backup after I set up as new device and SIRI and had SIRI working.  Restoring backup brought problem back again, however.  So just spent a good chunk of weekend setting up as a new device, getting all my settings back to where I had them, recreating NOTES I had lost, reloading apps, music, pictures, etc..  Everything seems to be working normally now but took an awful lot of effort to get it there.  Would have liked to have found a solution so as not to have to go through all that if it happens again.

0 Likes