Slow LTE on iPhone 6
Sindneyjohns

I upgraded to iPhone 6 from a galaxy s3 (which had no data issues) and now my data barely crawls (.20 Mbps down and .16 up). I have enabled voice and data LTE, network reset, restored, turned on airplane mode for 10 seconds, and even got a replacement phone yesterday, but it's still .20 MBPS. The phone says LTE with 4 of 5 bars. I know it can't be the service because my Samsung was blazing fast at the time I switched...I know it can't be the iPhone because this is the second one.  When I received the original and the replacement iPhones, they were 8 point something iOS and I upgraded both to 9.0.2. My latest zip codes are 79329, 79404, 79424, and 79413 and it is the same inside or out, cloudy and sunny, etc.....always .20 MBPS. I'm not sure what setting, hardware, or software issue is happening, but something is up...there are too many threads like this on the Internet (and I've seen identical threads about att iphone 6's too).  Also, my wife has an older iPhone 6 with att and hers runs at 30 MBPS, like the iPad I'm typing this on. But not saying att has better service because my Verizon Samsung was faster than that when I switched last Tuesday.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow LTE on iPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Sindneyjohns,

Your data should always operate at fast speeds. Let's figure this out together. Are you able to make and receive calls as well as text? Does this only occur indoors or outdoors as well? Are others experiencing the same service quality? Please advise we are here to help.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sindneyjohns

Calls and texts work fine that I can tell. It's indoors and outdoors in the same locations where my Samsung worked fine.  No one else that I know are having this issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sindneyjohns,

Definitely some good details and we appreciate it. We want to make sure that we get your new device up to speed and figure out what might be going on. Do you still have the previous Samsung phone? If so, we can attempt to reactivate the device and see if the speed issues persist. This would allow us to test this particuarl model specifically. Devices are made differently and would have different radios, so some may not operate the same as others.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sindneyjohns

Yes I have the old device.  I have just received and replaced the sim card and it’s still the same.  What would I need to do to reactivate the old phone?  Also, I have a ticket number from when I called yesterday and got the sim card sent….[removed]

Remember to PAUSE for Safety…At Work & At Home

P – Protect yourself by using correct PPE

A – Awareness of your surroundings

U – Use the correct tools & equipment

S – Stay focused & avoid distractions

E – Execute safely

Regards,

Randy

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Sindneyjohns

I need to edit my post that was sent thru email. I received an email from you and and replied and it had my work info in the signature of the  email. I don't want that info on here but it seems impossible to message a moderator or edit at all.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you leave a post, there's a five-minute window in which edits can be made.  I just sent your previous post to the Moderators to have the personal info. removed.