So the Trade-in program is saying Find my iPhone wasn't deactivated... but it was
Chairmanofthebar

After two weeks, the Verizon trade-in program finally says they received my trade-in iPhone 4S. But under "Adjustment Reason", it says, "Activation lock not deactivated". I've been searching online everywhere and it seems like this has happened regularly to many different people, all saying that they were ripped off. I made sure to disable the Find My iPhone lock and followed all of the guidelines that I was instructed to follow before I sent my trade-in in. The device was even removed from iCloud online. I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for years and I even used to work for the company! So I need to know if I will receive my $200 gift card like I was promised or if I will have to file a claim, call customer service repeatedly, go into Verizon stores and complain and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Labels (1)
Re: So the Trade-in program is saying Find my iPhone wasn't deactivated... but it was
Not applicable

You will find this issue not only on the forum here but on Google as well.

A shame.

0 Likes
Re: So the Trade-in program is saying Find my iPhone wasn't deactivated... but it was
Chairmanofthebar

By the way, I took my trade-in to a Verizon store and had it checked before I mailed it in and I was told that everything was good to go.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Like I said it is not a new scheme. It is to pay you less money.

The great laughable part is since they are not using the devices but reconditioning or destroying them why would it really matter?

Sort of like not taking your automatic weapon in for trade or destruction because your serial number is still on the weapon. Absolutely a money grabbing ploy on the Verizon plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chairmanofthebar,

I apologize for the difficulties you have had around your trade in value. I do understand how disappointing it can be not receiving something you were expecting. For any concerns regarding your trade in value please reach out to our Online-Trade in Support department at 877-247-3846. Sorry for any inconvenience.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Chairmanofthebar

I have tried contacting the Trade-in support department THREE times and they have not helped me at all. And just as I suspected, you are trying to rip me off and give me $36 instead of $200 for a phone that was in near perfect condition. Why would you treat a loyal customer this way? I guess my next step is to contact a regional manager and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

0 Likes
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

This is why I'm going to a local Verizon store and doing my trade in there.

I talked to them yesterday, they will evaluate the phone in the store and give you credit right there.  I'm not taking this chance mailing it in with no way to get the phone back.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Like I tried to tell you.

It is a scam. Personally if you reset the device the Find My iPhone is gone. So yes it was to get a near perfect device for $36

You could have received more if you sold the device yourself.

Sorry you are getting dinged.

0 Likes
Chairmanofthebar

I actually did take the phone into a store and they told me that I still had to mail it in. They would have no part in taking the trade in there.

0 Likes
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

I called and talked to a rep in the store I'm taking mine too.  Asked if they do the eval there, in store or is it mailed out.  He told me they do it in store.  I have also heard not all stores will do this tho, you need to contact them.

I have yet to do the trade-in so we'll see.

0 Likes