Re: So the Trade-in program is saying Find my iPhone wasn't deactivated... but it was
hookbill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right, probably because it depends what type of Verizon Store you go to.  One that is actually owned by Verizon would do the trade.  Someone who's running a franchise store won't.  It's that simple.

0 Likes
Re: So the Trade-in program is saying Find my iPhone wasn't deactivated... but it was
hookbill
Enthusiast - Level 2

As you know I got my full value, I don't think it's a scam.  If so what qualifies you as someone to be scammed?  I think Verizon effed up on your phone.  Fight it, you should win.

0 Likes
Chairmanofthebar

I actually took mine into a corporate store and they told me I still needed to mail it in. I don't know if it was because it was so early in the promotion?

0 Likes
hookbill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know what to say.  It seems to me that even if you didn't turn off the Find my iPhone that's way too little to give you.  And I do believe you did it.  So fight it, that's all I can say.  Good luck.

0 Likes
drqchung

Same thing happened to me.  Certain I deactivated find my iPhone and got the same message from recycling program

0 Likes
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

Those of you being told you did not turn off "Find" did you:

• Erase data and settings in Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings ?
0 Likes
MJH86

I am going through the same thing as Chairmanofthebar. I know the Find my iPhone was turned off, because after I updated to iOS7 I deactivated it and NEVER turned it on again. And yes, I did double check it before I turned it in. I also followed your steps above and removed my passcode as instructed. But yet they are telling me I won't get my full refund.

Has anyone tried calling the trade-in customer service line? They aren't even taking phone calls! They tell you all representatives are busy and to call again later and then hang up. Not very impressive customer service if you ask me.

0 Likes
Chairmanofthebar

Yes, I followed those steps to deactivate Find my iPhone. I also removed it from my iCloud and wiped and reset the phone.

0 Likes
Chairmanofthebar

I have four emails into them that were never responded to. I called today and escalated the issue. The rep was very polite and promised me they would look into it and respond to me within three business days. She also said if I didn't agree with their response to call back. I also have an email into the regional manager in my area and the Executive VP. I posted on Verizon's page on Facebook and they told me to private message them for help, so I just did that as well.

0 Likes
Chairmanofthebar

I think everyone should fight this. Apple confirmed that if the iPhone is wiped and reset, then the Find my iPhone lock will not be active.

0 Likes