Re: So the Trade-in program is saying Find my iPhone wasn't deactivated... but it was
MJH86

Update on my refund...I also took the route of contacting the executive

office. I found the President of Customer Service for my region and sent an

email around 4:00 today. By 5:30 I had received a phone call from corporate

at they credited my account for the difference of $164.

The woman I spoke with was very nice and helpful. And what I loved most,

she didn't even question whether I was telling the truth. She took me for

my word and the problem was solved within 5 min.

While I think it is best to try and work through the 'appropriate' process

(and I did, with multiple phone calls and emails to the trade in program),

if you are not getting anywhere consider this option. But like a post

warned earlier, be nice. The folks you are speaking with are NOT the ones

who denied your refund.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Re: So the Trade-in program is saying Find my iPhone wasn't deactivated... but it was
Justlongy

Checked status of my trade in,which took them forever to actually acknowledge receipt, and now I amgetting that same "activation lock not deactivated" which is complete BS... I will get the full $200 probably after I bitch them out but damn really hate going through this bs when I followed the step by step instructions and verified everything was done... Did the exact same for my wife's phone and got the full $200, go figure.. Class action lawsuit anyone?

0 Likes
Wookiee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did anyone else get an email from Verizon saying that they'll pay the full $200 after all? Or was that just me?

0 Likes
Justlongy

I got my additional $164 today

0 Likes
kunselman_2

I too am a victim of this scam. I sent in a perfect iPhone 4s and followed all directions to a tee. Called customer service today and they told me that I will be receiving the remaining $164 in fourteen days. I'm not sure how it takes fourteen days to send an electronic gift card. We shall see if it arrives and I will post the outcome. A sad, sad day in customer support. I will remember this when it's time to renew.

0 Likes
bisticlz

I got the "Find my iPhone not disabled" message as well, which really set me off because I *know* I followed the instructions. If additional steps are required to 100% clear the phone, as I've seen in this thread, and on the Apple Activation Lock page, they certainly weren't on the included instructions. Oddly enough, my wife's phone got the full $200, while mine got the $36, even though we deactivated them the same way, at the same time.

I called to ask what could be done, and the person I got on the phone said that they will send an additional gift card "as a courtesy". Would admit no wrongdoing or shortcoming in the instructions, and when I said that making me call to fix the problem didn't make me happy, I got a long period of silence before "I didn't understand your question". Completely unprofessional, and very rude. This was a simple mistake of incomplete instructions, but everybody here double-checked their phones before sending them out, maybe someone at the trade-in program should double-check the printed material sending out thousands of copies.

TL;DR - Call (877) 835-2024, have your submission ID ready, demand a resolution, post here so others can see the scale of the problem.

0 Likes
Odalysr31

OK, so I just got that message to turn off the FIND MY PHONE app - I just did. How long before I see a credit? When should I turn the FIND MY PHONE ON on my new IPHONE?

0 Likes