Still can't send international text messages, calls and received texts are fine
Rgtmum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still can't send international text messages, calls and received texts are fine. I have the More Everything Plan.  Any help appreciated!

Labels (1)
Re: Still can't send international text messages, calls and received texts are fine
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rgtmum,

We want you to be able to communicate with anyone you would like via text no matter where they are located. What exactly happens when you try to send an international text? To clarify, by international text do you mean you are sending the text to an actual international number or to someone that has a US number but are currently out of the country? Have you been able to send international text in the past?

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Still can't send international text messages, calls and received texts are fine
Rgtmum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks very much for getting back to me.  After I write and send the text it looks like it has gone but it never gets received.  I have received texts from the same numbers and replied to those and still they don't go through.  I am sending from a US # to UK mobile #s.  No I haven't been able to send any international texts.  I can phone the same #s though just fine. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rgtmum,

Thanks for providing us with additional details. Is this happening with only one specifc number or all numbers you're sending text messages to in the UK?

DaisyP_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rgtmum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I have tried to text to two numbers in the UK and neither of them worked.  Thank you!

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
Rgtmum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any help appreciated!  This is still unresolved.  Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see that this matter remains unresolved, Rgtmum. One thing that we should look into is the other party's ability to recieve messages from outside the United Kingdom. To your knowledge, do either of the other parties have any restriction against or even trouble receving texts sent to them from outside their country? 

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rgtmum
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, both parties have received other texts from abroad without any problem. I can phone the numbers with no problem and they can phone and text me. Please advise how to fix this. Thanks very much.

0 Likes
gingerninja94

Dial 011 then 44 then international number

also need to have i-dial on your account

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of your messaging concerns Rgtmum. What make and model phone are you using? Have you ever been able to send a text message to the U.K number in the past? Are you entering the country code plus the mobile number in the "To" field of the text message?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes