Still waiting for recycling material and no status update????
Radiopam

My submission date was 9/26/14 for getting recycling material to return my old phone to Verizon.  When I input my "submission ID" all I get is a message saying "FORGET YOUR SUBMISSION ID?"

wtf Verizon?  I am in limbo here.  I followed YOUR instructions and am getting nothing.  Can't get an agent on the phone.  Why do I think this trade-in program is a scam?  I signed a new 2 year deal to GET the trade-in so...????   At this point, two years can't go fast enough for me to change providers.

How about some answers for your customers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Still waiting for recycling material and no status update????
punnysang
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you received your new iPhone ? If not, I wouldn't be worried because to avoid giving 200 dollars before confirming that a client has purchased an iPhone 6, Verizon has been shipping the said materials and packaging along with the new phone. I haven't received my shipping materials either. The reps told me to wait till the phone ships. Also if you get your phone on or before 10/15, just go to the store to trade-in your old device. Also if you choose to ship the device with the provided packaging you have till 12/1/14 so you don't have to be so worried.

0 Likes
Radiopam

Yes I received my phone.  Verizon does NOT send materials for recycling with your new phone, you have to request those materials on their site which I did. The only shipping material they include with the new phone is if you want to DONATE it.  If you want to send it back for trade-in that is different.  And the receipt I have for request of said shipping material is dated 9/26 but when I check the status it does not recognize the submission ID number sent to me by Verizon.  It is my understand that if you ordered your phone online as I did you CANNOT do the trade-in at a store.  So as I said I would like a response from VERIZON.

0 Likes
punnysang
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stop being so aggravated man, this a user forum. I'm doing a trade-in myself so I'm well aware of the procedure. And for the record, you can still trade-in at the store even if you had already submitted the trade-in registration. numerous people have done so. You just have to take your newly purchased iPhone 6 and people have walked out with a 200 dollar receipt for a gift card. Gosh so irritated and mean dude. Chill.

0 Likes
punnysang
Enthusiast - Level 2

just make sure to go to a corporate store. By policy they are supposed to but some corporate stores are dumb so you may have to visit a couple. Call ahead and ask.

0 Likes
Radiopam

I'm mean?  Geez.

0 Likes
MartinHines785
Enthusiast - Level 2

Radiopam,

I would suggest the following:

1) call the recycling dept number in off hours (after getting the "please call back" message for days) I was able to talk to a real person at 1 am Monday morning (10/13).  I did have to wait 15 minutes to talk to someone.

2)  if you actually talk to someone, make sure the recycling materials request was actually sent.  The rep looked at my submission ID and found that no one had actually requested shipping materials be sent to me.  The rep also told me the current estimated time to get materials is 14 business days.

3) I also found out the following: (a) you have to use the official mailing materials (b) Verizon will take 2-4 weeks to process your return (c) they won't update any status until they actually process your return -- i.e. when a technician opens your mailer and inspects your phone.

4) If you are reading this response on or before 10/15, I would suggest you try to take your old iPHone to a Verizon Wireless corporate store.  These stores ALL have the capability to process trade-ins, even if you purchased via the internet.  I ordered an iphone 6 via the internet on 9/27, received my phone on 10/3, and turned in my old iphone 4s at a VW corporate store today (10/13).  They lose their ability to process iphone returns after 10/15, since the iphone trade-in promotion ends 10/15.

I went into the store and told the greeter my problem about lost shipping materials and told them they could "really do me a big favor" if they would process my return.  If they initially say no, ask to speak to the manager.  All of the corporate stores DO have the ability to process the trade-ins, but some are choosing not to do so.

Good luck

0 Likes
Radiopam

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
ndenning79

I was told at the store that ordering the iPhone 6 and taking it into the store along with my iPhone 5 to trade in is not an option. Two different people at the Verizon store told me that you can only do an in-store trade if they have the 6 in stock, which of course, they don't.

I'm still waiting on packing materials for my trade in also. Original email said I'd get them in 5 business days. Automated message on the phone says 10 business days. I just submitted a request online and noticed the FAQ says 15 business days. It's been 11 business days for me. (Submitted trade-in request on 9/28.) I'm still waiting on my 6 to arrive (16GB Silver, expected ship on 10/24); my husband got his 16GB Space Gray one only about a week after we ordered it.

Edit: What is the difference in a "corporate" store vs. any other Verizon store?

0 Likes
MartinHines785
Enthusiast - Level 2

By "corporate", I mean stores that are owned and run by Verizon Wireless, as opposed to other stores that simply sell Verizon Wireless service (e.g. mall kiosk stores, Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc.)

"Corporate" Verizon Stores can be found using the "Store Locator" ; just make sure the "Include Authorized Retailers" box is UNCHECKED:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/

0 Likes