Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Storage issues
sam66iam

I am having a hard time managing the storage on my iPhone 6.  Everyday I get a notice that my storage is almost full.  When I go to manage storage it tells me that I am using 4.1 GB for my photo library.  I ONLY have 296 photos and no video.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I am tired of deleting things   unnecessarily so I can use my phone!  I am almost ready to switch back to android just to have more space without spending an arm and a leg to do it.  Love my iPhone but this is frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Storage issues
kaebfly
Leader

You will likely need to try restoring it. That's often the culprit for storage issues. Another thing to consider...I think that if you have pics in your received or sent messages those may also count towards your pics storage amount. I'm not 100% positive but I assume that's what's going on with my count. I'm not low or storage or anything (I have the 64gb version and I have more than 2,000 pics and I'm not sure how many videos and movies) but I do try to keep an eye on my storage since I'm the type that can easily fill up space if I wanted to lol. If restoring doesn't help then yes, visit an Apple Store if you have one in your area.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
sam66iam,

Let's get your storage issue fixed so you can start enjoying your iPhone again!  Have you backed your device up to iTunes or iCloud recently?  Do you possibly have pictures stored in other applications (messaging)? Please share a few more details. Thanks.

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
sam66iam

Hello

I deleted almost all of my messages thinking that could be an issue.  I took it to the Verizon store but no help there.  The biggest user on the usage section is camera and photos at 4.1 GB   A friend of mine showed me her usage on her camera and photos and it was under 1 GB and she has more photos and about 20 videos.  I deleted all video even though they were only about 10 sec long.

I am not sure where else to look.  I deleted about 1000 photos off of my phone already just to make some room.  Everyday when I take it off the charger it says "storage almost full"

I am thinking I might be better off with something that is not Apple

Thank You

Stephanie

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

If you have app,e store near you, take it there.

YOu you can try full restore of phone, that usually works to get rid of hidden storage issues. 

0 Likes
just-saying

That is why I have the samsung s5. You can add a SD card up to 128gb. U can also change the battery if need. Apple is a sealed device. you have to buy the most expensive phone to get 128gigs & can't change the battery which means your phone has an expiration date. "You can only charge a battery so many times." WARNING! The new Samsung s6 coming out on the 10th of April is going to be sealed same as Apple, and will no longer be waterproof rated. If you are not used to the andriod OS there will be a learning curve. If you use a mac computer syncing may be harder,"not sure" never owned a mac. I love android & the samsung touchwis. OS.

0 Likes
Maryhd

TThe new iOS has a feature in photo called "recently deleted". Even if you delete all your photos and video, they will stay on the phone for 30 days unless you delete the "recently deleted" folder. I'm guessing that's your problem. I had the same issue. Hope that helps all IPhone users...

sam66iam

Thank you for the suggestion! I did look there and had very few left to be deleted. I recently deleted over 1000 photos and that did not help my storage issue. I will have to take it to Apple or just try resetting it. Very frustrating!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

You will likely need to try restoring it. That's often the culprit for storage issues. Another thing to consider...I think that if you have pics in your received or sent messages those may also count towards your pics storage amount. I'm not 100% positive but I assume that's what's going on with my count. I'm not low or storage or anything (I have the 64gb version and I have more than 2,000 pics and I'm not sure how many videos and movies) but I do try to keep an eye on my storage since I'm the type that can easily fill up space if I wanted to lol. If restoring doesn't help then yes, visit an Apple Store if you have one in your area.

0 Likes