TRADE IN IS A COMPLETE ISSUE, DON’T FALL FOR IT
bm777
Enthusiast - Level 2

The trade in program from Verizon is a complete issue, don’t fall for it!!!

I was promised $800 in value for my iPhone X to get the new iPhone 13 Pro and have just found out on my bill that I was only awarded $145 for it!! The iPhone X is in perfect conditions, not even scratches, and Verizon doesn’t even give a reason for the reassessment in value.

I own a 10-member family plan and will return both my new iPhone 13s and close the entire account if this doesn’t get sorted out.

Although this is a small valeu individually, I will also pursue legal action and get a class together since this is clearly a systematic behavior.

Finally, I will contact the press and shed light on this issue publicly so that everyone knows that Verizon’s trade in policy is an issue and should never be used.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: TRADE IN IS A COMPLETE ISSUE, DON’T FALL FOR IT
bm777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Verizon, for CENSORING and EDITING my comment without my knowledge to make it look better for you. This is not just an issue, this is near-criminal bad faith!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know getting that huge amount of value with your iPhone X is a big deal, bm777. We can certainly help with getting things sorted out here. It sounds like the $145 is the market value with the device instead of the promotional value. Did you set up the trade-in with your new phone order, or were they separate? *Zaak

0 Likes
bm777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for replying. It is indeed a big deal.

The trade-in was made at the moment I was purchasing the new iPhone. That is also the only reason why I accepted a locked phone and a long-term contract with Verizon. I would’ve had a better deal getting an unlocked phone from Apple.

My trade-in page says the value was reduced from $800 (expected value) to $145, without any explanation or notice. I just saw it on my bill and went to check what had happened on the trade-in page.

I will love to find out I am actually mistaken.

0 Likes
bm777
Enthusiast - Level 2

It turns out that by coming here, all I managed to do is lose even the $145 credit I had already gotten. So now I didn’t get ANY credit for the phone I sent to Verizon, and no one in support helps me, which basically means I’ve been stolen by Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a consumer, I would be very concerned too if the promotional trade-in value changed after submitting the trade-in device, bn777. When a promotional price changes an explanation is always listed on the Trade-in status page. Please visit this link (https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in#/checkStatus) and enter the trade-in Submission ID for a clear explanation. -Antonio

0 Likes