Text from Early May
gpappalardo

I need to find some text messages from early may from a specific phone number. How cani retrieve all text from a specific number within a specific timeframe.? Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text from Early May
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Texts are only available for the past 90 days via My Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know there may be times where you need to get old text messages from your phone, gpappalardo. I would love to help. I do want to clarify a few things. Did you erase these messages from the phone? What messaging application were you using? (Verizon Messages +, text message app that came with the phone, etc) Have you backed up your messages?  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@gpappalardo wrote:

I need to find some text messages from early may from a specific phone number. How cani retrieve all text from a specific number within a specific timeframe.? Thanks! 

Text messages are yours to manage. Once you delete the messages from your device, you have lost them unless you have backed them up in some manner. Verizon does not keep copies of your messages past a very brief period, around 10 days I believe and even then, it takes a court subponae in order for Verizon to give them to you.

In the future, don't erase your text messages unless you are absolutely positive you won't need them at some point in the future. Text messages take a very small amount of memory on a cellular device. Deleting them does not give you much if any benefit at all.

I don't understand why people delete their text messages unless they are trying to hide something. Personally, I have text messages on my phone from the past several years.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tikibar1 wrote:

Texts are only available for the past 90 days via My Verizon.

Got in a hurry on that post, apparently ... text logs are only available for the past 90 days via My Verizon.  Text content is only available for the past 90 days via Verizon Messages/Integrated Messaging.

0 Likes