Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Text going to call forwarded number instead of actual number
just_me_inputting

I forward my cell number to my co-worker for 24-7 coverage when I cannot be available... Sometimes even just for a few hours. I can't be on call all the time. I have had the forwarded number stored for many years and I know that texts can't be sent to forwarded numbers. (The company we work for pays the bills and we are NOT on the same iTunes accounts)  Call is Forward to another iPhone the number is stored in that contact as "CALL FORWARD ONLY NO TEXT" *72 A/C 555-1212. (note NOT the actual number being forwarded to) Their Number is also stored in the phone with all of their regular information address, email, birthdate, Etc as 1+A/C 555-1212. (note Again not the actual number being forwarded to) After the iOS 14 update, texts are almost always not delivered because the PHONE always wants to send to the *72 number EVEN WHEN I TYPE JUST THE REGULAR number in. I have deleted the call forwarded number and contact information and manually reentered that information, it still wants to send to the *72 number first. Can anyone help with this?     

0 Likes
Re: Text going to call forwarded number instead of actual number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, there! We definitely want to make sure you're provided with a resolution. What kind of phone do you have? Are you on a Business account, or Personal account?

*Breanna

0 Likes