Text issues.
Andycollins7

I am having issues receiving and sending texts where I live. I live at zip code 46987. I can send and receive texts in other towns, but not here to someone living in this area. The issued started with the last update, 9.1. I have troubleshooted and have done every reset, but to no avail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text issues.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Is it all text messages you're not able to send or receive? Or is it to the someone living in your area?

While at home are you connected to your Wi-Fi or to mobile data?

0 Likes
Andycollins7

Both while on wifi and data. It seems that all texts in the area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Andycollins7,

Being able to send & receive texts are a must! Let's look further into this. You mentioned this started when you did the latest software update. how long ago was that? Is this occurring with text messages (show green in the thread) and/or iMessages (show blue in the thread)? How far away do you have to get before it starts working?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Andycollins7

The last update from last weekend. It is normal text messages, iMessages work fine. It usually is about 4 or 5 miles to the next town before it works. The area I live I more rural and is near an ATT tower, but that never caused issues before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andycollins7,

Thanks for the additional details. We definitely want to figure this out. Are you aware of others in the area with similar concerns? Are you having trouble with any other services such as calling or data?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Andycollins7

I haven't had any issues a soft reset can't fix. I know I'm near a dead zone for coverage l, but that hasn't been an issue before.

0 Likes
dpepsi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot send tex but i can recieve them i get error code sms.org.d when i try to srnd a tex message i live in town snd never had problems before .my phone was working up to about 11:00pm last night and now i still cant tex i have a samsung galaxy 5  can you tell me whats wrong  im  not only person in my area  i see ppl putting posts up. All over???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dpepsi, being able to receiving messages is very important. We never want you to miss a message. I am sorry to learn that you are having trouble. Are you still having trouble? What zip code are you located in? Are you using the stock application that came on the phone or one that was downloaded from the Google Play Store?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes