The iPhone6 that I purchased 9/23/2014 went dead. Went to use the phone this afternoon and nothing. Tried rebooting, by pressing the home and power buttons while plugged into charger, nothing. Hopefully its fixable. Hopefully the battery isn't dead or tha
Fritz44

The iPhone6 I purchased 9/23/2014 went dead. Went to use the phone this afternoon and nothing. Tried turning the phone off/on, nothing. Tried rebooting phone by pressing the home and power button's while the phone was connected to power, nothing.  Can't believe that the phone battery is dead or that the phone is fried after only six (6) months of usage.  Any suggestions (hopefully other than purchasing a new phone) is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The iPhone6 that I purchased 9/23/2014 went dead. Went to use the phone this afternoon and nothing. Tried rebooting, by pressing the home and power buttons while plugged into charger, nothing. Hopefully its fixable. Hopefully the battery isn't dead or
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Try the things in this Apple article (some of the which you may have already done). If none of them work go to an Apple Store if there is one in your area. Or contact Apple via the website for support help. As mentioned, as long as nothing is wrong with it that would void the warranty (liquid damage for example) then you're covered. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

View solution in original post

Re: The iPhone6 that I purchased 9/23/2014 went dead. Went to use the phone this afternoon and nothing. Tried rebooting, by pressing the home and power buttons while plugged into charger, nothing. Hopefully its fixable. Hopefully the battery isn't dead or
Loquat
Master - Level 1

If you've tried a hard reset and that doesn't work...take it back to the Apple Store...it's still under warranty and they'll either fix it or replace it....as long as it hasn't suffered any water damage etc...

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Try the things in this Apple article (some of the which you may have already done). If none of them work go to an Apple Store if there is one in your area. Or contact Apple via the website for support help. As mentioned, as long as nothing is wrong with it that would void the warranty (liquid damage for example) then you're covered. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

Fritz44

Kaebfly, appreciate the link you referenced. Came in very handy. After repeating several of the steps listed in reference, the phone decided to wake-up and started charging.  Will have to watch the battery usage carefully.  Thanks again!

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Nice to hear that it worked out for you. 

0 Likes