The touch screen has stopped responding. I cannot perform any functions
ddkiester

I have had my Ipod 6 s for two weeks.  The display screen shows the usual menu of icons but the touch screen is not responsive to my touch.  I cannot turn it off.  I cannot scroll the screen.  I cannot answer the phone, place phone calls, receive or send messages.  My phone is essential to my work.  I am glad I haven't returned my Droid yet.  I kept it until I made sure the Ipod works.  Tomorrow it will off to get my money back.....maybe even change providers wince Verizon has been unresponsive tot he troubleshooting on this website. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: The touch screen has stopped responding. I cannot perform any functions
Propinquity

Same thing happened to me the other night.  I Googled around and the suggested fix is to hold down the round Home button and the wake/sleep button at the same time and the screen will go black and then the white Apple logo will appear and restart your phone.   But when I tried that, screen was still frozen.   I Googled again and the word was that "you might have to restart 2 or 3 times" to fix.   So I tried once more and bingo, it worked.  No problems since. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

With this being a peer to peer forum you may not get responses as quickly as you like. The Apple Support site is often your best friend when it comes to trying to troubleshoot issues. Also, calling or contacting Apple Support online is always a great way to get help. In general, resetting (holding the home button and lock button at the same time until the Apple logo shows on the screen) can help with issues like a freezing screen. If it happens often or almost immediately after thinking you cleared it up you may want to contact Apple. They will go through the usuals...make sure your iOS is up to date, Restart (power phone off and back on), Reset (mentioned above), Restore. If the try everything and it still doesn't resolve they will replace your device.

tylerpr

Thanks, Propinquity.  I tried the suggested fix just once and it worked like a charm.  Much obliged.

0 Likes