Timezone switching on iPhone?
Chaslevy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed that my iPhone time is not changing when I go to a different timezone.  I have the data/time setting to automatic, is it should change with the VZW network time.  Is there a problem with the VZW network?

Labels (2)
Re: Timezone switching on iPhone?
Chaslevy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I powered the phone off and back on, and it did pick up the correct timezone.  I should not have to do that for the timezone to change.  What's going on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chaslevy, I rely on my phone heavily for the time as well, so know how important it is for the phone to adjust the time based on the time zone that you enter for accuracy. We are here to work toward a resolution. The first step is to gather more information. How are the GPS services working on the phone? What are a few of the zip codes that you have experienced this problem in, so we can check the network? Is your phone’s software all up to date?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Chaslevy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone X with the latest software. The GPS appears to work fine for my location. I noticed the problem most recently when I was in Knoxville TN. After I powered the phone off and on, it appears to be working fine.

Charles [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Charles, having issues with your date/time settings can be a headache, especially while traveling for business or leisure. We want to help you the best way possible. Which iPhone model do you have? When did you notice the problem? Any recent changes to the device (updates, etc.)? How have you attempted to fix the issue?

Gilberto_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chaslevy, thank you for the additional information. Please use the following steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206811/ to access the automatic time settings and turn that switch off, then turn the phone off and back on for a quick reset and turn the automatic time switch back on. Then retest to check if the issue is resolved. Have you recently experienced this problem in locations other than Knoxville?

David_VZW

0 Likes
Chaslevy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was in Chattanooga TN (ET) recently and had it happen there also.  I’ll be in California later this month.  Hopefully, it won’t happen again.

Charles [removed]

Personal information removed as requred by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Parkset

I have this issue in Chattanooga. I flew to Chicago from Chattanooga and it won’t automatically switch back to Eastern time. I followed all the steps on the phone and restarted. I have to turn off the automatic dat & time set to make the time accurate. 
This is a Verizon issue. Before I moved this phone to Verizon it worked fine. I still have an AT&T iPhone I use for work and it works fine. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to assist you with your concern. Please private message us for further assistance.    *Mabell

0 Likes