Trade-in Woes
Xearoh

I have read a few articles and tried calling to no avail. This seems to be the only place anyone gets anywhere so here it goes.

I like many wanted to upgrade to the 6. I went to the store to place my order. The gentleman helped me put the order through and told me about the trade-in offer. I had initially intended to keep my 4s as a backup but he looked the phone over and offered $200.00 so of course I said yes. He told me I needed to register my trade in by the end of the week and mail my phone in no later than Dec 31st and within 7 days of getting my 6+. I registered that night to be safe. I had to call about my mailing material be did receive it before my phone. I mailed my 4s out immeadiately following the activation of my 6+.

I now have an email containing a $36.00 gift card which is not what was presented. I understand that the man at the store is not the guy grading my phone at the center but I think from what Ive seen mistakes are being made and your company made some promises it couldnt keep.

I dont like this kind of business and it is forcing me to reconsider the decade Ive spent as a Verizon customer. Please turn it around.

Thank you for your time.

- Jonathan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade-in Woes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xearoh,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have had with the Trade-In. Please reach out to our Device Recycle Support Team at 877-835-2024 regarding clarification on the Trade-In value being presented in the email. They can also be contacted here: http://vz.to/1ypRXw6 by selcting "Contact Us."

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xearoh,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have had with the Trade-In. Please reach out to our Device Recycle Support Team at 877-835-2024 regarding clarification on the Trade-In value being presented in the email. They can also be contacted here: http://vz.to/1ypRXw6 by selcting "Contact Us."

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Qtip3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jonathan, you need to contact the better business bureau, state attorney general, and email Verizon executive. I went throught the same exact issue. I was furious.  My salesman also promised me $200 and the gift card I received was for $36. I was on the phone for 1 1/2 + hours trying to get help. the day I tried to call recycle team number held for total 50 minutes and no one answered phone. Verizon customer service of no help either. I tried to chat with CSR's besides phone call and was told not my job. Need to call recycle team. Tried to contact a Verizon help person through one of these blogs and no one would reply. I was left with no choice but to file claims with BBB, AG, and found email for Verizon Executive. I found email for Executive day after file claims with BBB, AG. Executive received the claim from BBB the same day as my Email. He called me the same day also and was extremely nice and helpful. He credited my account with the remaining amount due to me. I read other blogs on here of other customers who filed claims with BBB, AG. I think it important we don't let Verizon get away with this scam. Let me know how turns out.

iPhonian
Enthusiast - Level 1

The company handling the recycling is either incompetent or trying to cheat Verizon and its customers of money.

I had sent in a mint condition iPhone 4s, and did a complete reset before shipping it off. I checked to make sure the Activation Lock (e.g., Find My iPhone) was turned off per the instructions, and the reset had automatically done so. Guess what? The recycling company tried to cheat me of $36 for not having turned it off!

I called Verizon customer service, and they came through, crediting me the balance. It seems they've been getting quite a few irate calls from customers who were similarly cheated of the full credit.

Verizon needs to investigate what is happening at the recycling company, and consider bringing the process in-house. Next time, I'm bringing my trade-in phone to the store.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

iPhonian, We surely appreciate you taking advantage of our Trade-In program. It's disheartening to learn that you've had such a negative experience in doing so. Please be sure to contact our Trade In team directly http://bit.ly/GGnDDC. Click on the Contact Us tab to request more details surrounding the decrease in value. I'm confident they will be able to review your concerns more thoroughly with you.

TanishaS1_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HoustonSpurs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jonathan we have all been scammed.  It's an absolute disgrace.

0 Likes
MIB86

I thought all hope was lost in getting my rebate then I got it finally.  It took about a long time. 

0 Likes