Trade in at Verizon Store?
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

I am looking to trade in my Iphone 5 after I get my 6.  I have the mail in return envelope but am now thinking of doing trade in in store.

My question is, in store do they evaluate the trade in phone there and give you the credit/gift card?  If not, do they OK the phone for full trade in value?

The reason I ask is I do not want to send in my old phone just to have them come back and say it's not worth the full amount with no way to get it back.  I do not want to trade it in unless it's worth full amount.

Any Verizon Rep or anyone with in store trade in experience?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade in at Verizon Store?
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

Ya, I just called my local Verizon store and they do the trade-in in store and will give credit right there.

You do need to call the store you want to trade in at to make sure they are still accepting them.  Not all are.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

Bump

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Have you gone into a store to find out???? It would seem the more accurate way to obtain the information than on a customer-to-customer forum where different stores may have different capabilities/procedures.

0 Likes
SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good luck. I tried that on Monday and the guy at the Verizon Company store refused to even think about taking my trade-in phones and I haven't even received my envelope yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dad_23, we want you to get the best deal on your new iPhone 6 device! Your device is worth up to $200.00 to receive a trade-in gift card to use towards the purchase of a new iPhone. You may process this transaction at corporate retail store location http://vz.to/1h3etAK However, your device must meet the requirements of good working condition. For more details, click http://vz.to/1cbRAbP

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

Ya, I just called my local Verizon store and they do the trade-in in store and will give credit right there.

You do need to call the store you want to trade in at to make sure they are still accepting them.  Not all are.

0 Likes
SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's nice for you but my local Verizon Corporate store wouldn't allow me to trade-in my old phones when I took the new ones in to be activated. I went to the store to activate the new phones so that I could trade in my old iPhones at the same time. I was told by the Verizon employee that he couldn't take the phones.

0 Likes
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

Find one that does!

If you mail it in sounds like there is a 80% chance you will only get $36 no matter the condition of the phone.

0 Likes
SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

My trade-in materials finally came. Stated right on the bottom of the front page it states, "you can also visit your local Verizon retail location to conduct your device trade-in." Now at least I have proof to show my local Verizon store that they need to take care of this in the store. There is no way I'm planning to mail my two iPhone 4 phones in the cheap envelopes provided by Verizon. They are glass on both sides!

0 Likes
BrianMunn1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am absolutely terrified to send in my iPhone with the provided mailer after reading some of the horror stories on these forums. The only reason I decided to upgrade my phone at all was because the $200 promotion made it affordable and attractive for me. If I mail in my perfectly functioning 4S knowing that there is absolutely no way for me to get it back and Verizon will only offer me $36 for it if they don't lose it altogether I will be absolutely livid.

I ordered my iPhone 6 in store on 9/19 because they ran out of stock of my desired model. I was the fourth person in line. My phone is backordered and is not expected to ship until 10/24. Because my phone was ordered within the dates of the promotion (before 10/15), will I be able to do the trade in store when I receive my new phone sometime around the 24th?

0 Likes