Re: Trade in at Verizon Store?
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, you have till the beg of Dec to do the trade in.

TRADE IN AT CORP VERIZON STORE!!

I have done 2 trade ins there and had no issues.

0 Likes
BrianMunn1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spoken to reps at two corporate stores and gotten different answers.

One, at the store where I placed my order told me unless I purchased a

phone that they had in-stock I could not get the $200 value in store and

would have to mail it.

Another told me that I would need to do the trade in before Oct 15 or else

I would only get the $86 for the 4S.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so very sorry for the confusion, BrianMunn1986. When you purchase a new phone at the store you can trade in on the spot.
If you order online, you will need to submit the trade on online and I will add this link http://vz.to/1u1oVAi.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon representative post is INCORRECT!

I was able to conduct the trade-in at a Verizon store even though It bought my phone from Verizon online. I got my $200 for each of my iPhone 4 phoned right on the spot in the store without waiting or mailing in my phone. They offered me a box to put the two envelopes in but I refused to budge. I insisted on the immediate trade-in.

You have to be polite but forceful with the store reps. Insist on trading in your phones in the store. They can and will do it if you insits. Show them the white paper that comes with the return materials that I referred to above. It clearly states that the trade-in can be conducted in  Verizon store. Since the paper with that statement comes with the trade-in materials they can't say you have to do the trade-in by mailing in your phone. Insist on talking with a manager of necessary. They may try to talk you out of doing it in the store. Stay the course!! Keep insisting that you are right!

Good luck!!!!

0 Likes
MartinHines785
Enthusiast - Level 2

Brian,

Given the iPhone trade-in program ends 10/15, 10/15 is the last day the corporate Verizon wireless stores will have the physical ability to accept old iphone trade-ins.

Currently all Verizon corporate stores have the ability to process iphone trade-ins (even if you purchased via the web) although not all of them are willing to accept them.

I purchased an iphone 6 via the internet and a corporate Verizon store processed my iphone 4S trade-in today (10/13) ; I received a $200 credit on my wireless bill on the spot.

Given your new phone won't be available until after 10./15, your only option will be to send the phone in via the mailer.  I would suggest the following:

1)  when you get your mailer materials, take a video of the old iPhone and its condition, including its ability to power up

2) although you are required to use the mailer, wrap the phone itself in bubble wrap

3) go to your local post office and see if you can get a "return receipt" or "proof of delivery" added to the package

4) use the following website to show/prove the activation lock on your old phone is off (screen print the result)

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

5) If you don't hear anything regarding the processing of your old phone 2 weeks after you think it has been received, start calling the recycling department number.  Call them in off hours (I was able to talk to a real person by calling at 1 am Monday morning EST).

Good luck

Desertrobin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Martin,

Thanks for your excellent advice. I have also been waiting for my trade-in mailer for about 3 weeks. I decided I didn't want to wait any longer and risk sending my old iPhone 5 through the mail.

This morning I went to my local Verizon store and completed the trade-in of my old iPhone 5 in about 10 minutes. The friendly associate who helped me completed the trade-in, took my old phone, and credited my Verizon account for $200 (the max credit for an iPhone 5). I handed him the print screen from icloud showing that my phone had the activation lock turned off, and he thanked me for that. I was expecting to have to speak to the manager to make the store trade-in happen, but I never had to do that. Thanks.

-Robin

0 Likes