Trade in return period
ccarter2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to pre-order my iphone 6 plus with the trade in promotion, but it says you have to turn your old phone in within 30 days of appraisal pricing.  Looking at the pre-order delivery dates right now, it looks like I won't receive my iphone until 10/21 or something like that, which is obviously past the 30 day period.  Will verizon take note of this situation and extend the time frame we have to return our old phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade in return period
scottwmp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same question.

0 Likes
ccarter2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've just talked to a verizon rep, they said the 30 day period will be extended to due to this

clarinetdiva
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same boat. The promotion said that it would be valid from Sept. 12 through Sept. 30. When I placed the order last night/this morning, it said I wouldn't receive the phone until Oct. 7, obviously after the end of the promotion. I am really hoping they still honor this with the apparent shortage of the 6+ models.

0 Likes
ccarter2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's the updated info from verizon

The appraised value includes a promotional offer that requires a purchase of an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus on Verizon Wireless by 9/30/2014. Your device must be mailed to Verizon Wireless within 7 days after receiving the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus but no later than 12/01/2014. Device received after 12/01/2014 will be reassessed at current market value. Damaged and non-working devices will be appraised according to their condition at time of inspection.

scottwmp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks ccarter2009! I am going to go into my VzW store and talk with them as well. I may chance trying to get the 6+ on 9/19 in the store and trade my 4s right there on the spot. I will have to take off work though.

clarinetdiva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, ccarter2009! I guess now my question is do we have to mail it off or can we take it into a store? I have heard too many horror stories about how when you mail phones to Verizon they claim damage that didn't exist prior to mailing. I would rather take mine into a store to avoid such problems.

0 Likes
scottwmp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will post if I get any additional information.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's clear up all confusion and provide you with all the correct information scottwmp. The trade in submission form must be completed by 09/30/2014 in order to quailify for promo pricing. However, you will have a deadline of 11/15/2014 to have the trade-in phone back to us. Save this link http://vz.to/1peg7TS in case you need more details.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi clarinetdiva- We certainly want to make it easy and worry free to complete the trade-in process. The device would have to be mailed in by 12/1/2014 in order to get the promotional value when completing via pre-order. We are unable to honor trade in the store unless purchasing from their immediate inventory after official launch.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes