Travel to USVI
pamecord

I'm traveling to St. Thomas, USVI next week.  From what I can gather on the Verizon website, text and data are able to be used and included in my existing domestic plan.  Voice services are available for 1.99/minute.  I do not want to use voice while I'm there but would like to be able to use phone for WiFi, text, photos, etc...  Do I need to adjust any settings on my phone to do this or simply not accept/make any calls?  Further are there roaming charges for simply having the phone on if left in "normal" mode?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Travel to USVI
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have many plans avaialbel to meet you needs when you are abroad pamecord! You can find out our plans here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/international/ If you like to ensure that you are only able to use Wi-Fi, I recommend you turning on Airplane mode and this will allow you to use your features on your phone. Let me know if you change your mind on our plans.

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have many plans avaialbel to meet you needs when you are abroad pamecord! You can find out our plans here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/international/ If you like to ensure that you are only able to use Wi-Fi, I recommend you turning on Airplane mode and this will allow you to use your features on your phone. Let me know if you change your mind on our plans.

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pamecord

Thank you for your response.  I'm trying to avoid adding additional costs/features.  If I have the phone in airplane mode and am connected to WiFi will I able to text and/or use data without additional fees?  Or if I am not in airplane mode, will I able to connect to WiFi without incurring additional roaming or other charges?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can totally understand wanting to save money pamecord! If you have Airplane mode on and you have Wi-Fi on, you will be able to go on the internet because it is using there Wi-Fi not our internet. You are able to send iMessages which goes through Wi-Fi. The only people that will be able to recieve your messages will be iPhone users.

0 Likes
Bludvl82

The plan guidance for USVI is very unclear. First of all, it's not international! It's US! Secondly, when I do the trip planner it says NA f plans available. Does that mean I don't have to select an international package for my iPhone  5s 4g? If so, why are there so many posts about  not working in the US Virgin Islands?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A trip to the Virgin Islands sounds like a dream come true . If you would like to check into rates and options while visiting there, I have the perfect tool for you. You can use our Trip Planner which will let you know rates, coverage and even dialing instructions for your trip. You can find this right here http://spr.ly/6587BkghT .
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

0 Likes
Bludvl82

TThe trip planner was unhelpful as is this answer. There are other similarity unanswered questions in this thread. The trip planner says plans are NA for the Virgin Islands. Dies that mean we have to do NOTHING to our phones for them to work? Please don't merely point to the trip planner!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am certain I can clear things up for you . While there are no travel packages for the USVI, there is a per minute rate of $1.79 per minute. Your text & data usage while in the USVI are the same as if you were in the US. You can confirm this in the Special Info tab.

When you are looking to leave the US and travel, the account would need to be set up with the capability to use the phone outside the US. The capability itself is at no additional monthly charge and can be set up quickly and easily with our international support experts at 800-711-8300. I hope you have an excellent trip!
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes