Unable to acess voicemail
sarah_mckinney16

Hello all! I am having issues with my voicemail. Every time I go to see if I have any voicemails, rather than showing me them, it calls my voicemail box which prompts me with the 'welcome to message management system, please enter the voicemail number you wish to access', or at least along those lines. I press # for my own, but it prompts me to put in my voicemail box number. I've tried every kind of number I can think of and have nothing. I do not have visual voicemail, just basic, and I've never had a problem with it like this before. I've tried dialing *611, *28900 (or whichever number it is) *81 and a range of others. I've also tried powering off my phone, resetting my network settings, resetting my entire phone and my last ditch effort was to reset my voicemail password but it only gives me " ERROR MTAS Returned a Service Exception : Exception occurred". I have an iPhone 6 plus S and have never had this issue in the year that I've had it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to acess voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sarah.mckinney16, we completely understand how important it is to have access to your messages and we certainly want to do everything we can to help get this resolved. Can you tell us the last time that the voicemail was working properly for you? Do you recall any changes that took place during that time? What happens if you try dialing *86 to access your voicemail box?

Please keep in mind that all iPhones have their own free visual voicemail service that's provided from Apple. This is what gives you the option to see your messages instead of just listening to a recording via an automated system over a phone call. In order to make sure that the visual voicemail is active, we would recommend making sure that you have a stable data connection.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Unable to acess voicemail
mslaurenlove17

I'm having the same issue. it just happened all of a sudden. I read on the website that they're making "upgrades" to the VM system. I have a prepaid so it won't allow visual voice mail (gives me error code 9009) and then when I say skip it and do regular VM, is asks for my VM box # I have no idea what number that is!

0 Likes