I payed off my phone how do i unlock it from the Verizon network for resale

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlock Iphone 6s plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allow me to address your concerns, KEVGOD25. Our devices are not locked (with the exception of some prepaid phones). Please confirm this information at the link below. While our devices are not locked, we can only guarantee activation on our network as those devices are designed specifically to work on our network.

http://spr.ly/6189Biiib

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

You'll just need to make sure the device id is not active on a wireless account, and the account is paid off. The device/sim would not be locked to Verizon orherwise

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allow me to address your concerns, KEVGOD25. Our devices are not locked (with the exception of some prepaid phones). Please confirm this information at the link below. While our devices are not locked, we can only guarantee activation on our network as those devices are designed specifically to work on our network.

http://spr.ly/6189Biiib

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KEVGOD25

So let me ask you just so I will understand. If I'm in an area that

doesn't have Verizon Service and I need to take my Paid for Verizon IPhone

6s plus to an AT&T store to have it Activated because thats the only

network in that area.. will it work on that network or not?? Or because it

was designed for Verizon makes it where Verizon is the only network that

will work.

Thank you

On Apr 26, 2017 8:17 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allow me to answer your question, KEVGOD25. If you take your fully paid Verizon Wireless phone to another carrier, only they can determine if the phone is compatible with their network. While we do not lock our phones (please refer to the link I shared in my previous post), we can only guarantee activation on our network.

We cannot make any guarantees that your Verizon Wireless phone will work properly on any other network.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes