Upgraded to 6S now very weak signal at home
puuiki

We recently upgraded to iPhone 6s and we are now getting dropped calls due to very weak signals. It's roughly around -118 db.

Signal is marginal to begin with but previous phones did not drop calls.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to 6S now very weak signal at home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome phones, puuiki. We regret to learn you’re having trouble with dropped calls. Let’s take a closer look into this and make sure your calls stay connected. Does this happen on all calls? What is the signal showing on your phone? What happens when the call drops?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

First thing I would try is to go to settings/cellular and turn the LTE setting from Voice and Data to just Data. See if that stops your dropped calls since you are in a marginal LTE area.

0 Likes
puuiki

Signal strength meter on iphone 6s shows around -118 dBm. Calls would come

in and

drop or get severely garbled.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

And did you try the info I gave above?  

0 Likes
puuiki

Sorry missed that and will try when I get home.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wanted to reach out to you to see if you are still having dropped calls issue puuiki. What happened when you tried the steps that my colleague posted? As you share the details then we can continue to help, if needed.
ArnettH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kah2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem after moving to the iPhone from a Samsung Galaxy

0 Likes
Kah2
Enthusiast - Level 2

And my LTE has already been set at data only

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kah2 - The last thing we want you to experience is dropped calls. Time to pick your calls up. Thank you for following the steps Weth provided. Are the calls dropping indoors/outdoors? What is your Zip?
JacobV_VZW

0 Likes