Using data
ICEMAN61577

We have 40GB of data between 4 people. One of which doesn't use apps or internet so he doesn't use much data at all. One of the 4 phones is using 22GB or more a month. That person doesn't use Netflix or stream movies on their phone they use social media but just like the rest of us. Could there be something wrong with the phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slowing down that usage is key, ICEMAN61577. Let's get to the root of this usage. When you go to Settings - Cellular - Use Cellular Data for section, whatapps have a high GB value next to them?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

MMore than likely they are using the data.  The phone keeps track of what apps are using cellular data.  Look in settings/cellular and scroll toward bottom.  You will see a list of all the apps and how much data is used.  What apps are using the data?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ICEMAN61577,

This is concerning based on the details you've provided & we are here to uncover this data usage mystery. We want for you all to be able to use the phones & enjoy our network like you should without having data usage concerns. Let's dig a little deeper. The line that is using the 22GB of data, what is the make and model of the phone? What social media sites exactly is this person using? Also, does the phone have the most up to date software?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ICEMAN61577

The phone is an iphone6.

Facebook and Instagram are the social media

0 Likes
ICEMAN61577

It does have the latest update

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

report app data usage as I indicated, that is the key. 

0 Likes
ICEMAN61577

The Verizon person didn't say anything what was using the most but I can tell you.

This is in order from most to least.

36% Web & apps

28% social media & networking

15% video

14% downloads & marketplaces

2% email & messaging

1% audio

1% gaming

1% maps & navigation

1% communications & device services

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

That is not from the phone, but from Verizon. The info from the phone using the directions I posted above is much much more helpful since it tells you exactly which app is using the data rather than just a category. 

0 Likes
ICEMAN61577

Is there a way to send you a picture? That would be way easier.

0 Likes
ICEMAN61577

If I go to settings/cellular it shows how much is being used but that hasn't been reset since November.

0 Likes