Re: Using data
Weth
Legend

YYou can reset now and watch what is being used over the next few weeks.  You can grab a screen shot on an iPhone by pressing home and sleep/wake button briefly. You'll see the screen flash and the picture will be in photos. 

IS there any clue even with the data from November what apps are using the most data? 

0 Likes
ICEMAN61577

I have the screen shot but I can't figure out how to post on here.

0 Likes
ICEMAN61577

Facebook was the most. Instagram was next then Pinterest.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Facebook has video auto play setting that can use up lots of data.  In the app go to settings, the video, and set auto play to be wifi only. 

All those apps can be data intensive with lots of photos and videos. 

0 Likes
ICEMAN61577

We went to the settings when we got the phones and turned off the auto play feature

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Great!  I would still make sure it is still turned off.

Then monitor over the next few weeks what is using the data AND that it matches what Verizon reports.  It is best to reset to match your billing cycle.  Post back.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

image.jpg

ICEMAN61577

We switched from ntelos to Verizon to get better service but when we were with ntelos we never went over 20gb of data. If we can't get this figured out we might have to go back with ntelos.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to use the desktop view of the community to add pictures to the posts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slowing down that usage is key, ICEMAN61577. Let's get to the root of this usage. When you go to Settings - Cellular - Use Cellular Data for section, whatapps have a high GB value next to them?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes