VZ Navigator stopped working on Iphone 6
technogranny
Enthusiast - Level 2

I accepted the traffic info on my iphone 6 IOS 9 and now my vz navigator won't load

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZ Navigator stopped working on Iphone 6
technogranny
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try deleting and reinstalling the app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

technogranny - we want to ensure all of your phone features are working properly on your device. I can definitely assist. Since the VZNavigator will not load, please press and hold down on that application until it starts wiggling and then press on the X to delete it from your iPhone. Once it's been removed, go into the App Store to re-install it to your handset. Please then retest and keep us posted with the outcome.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There are always better free apps out there like Apple/Google Maps that don't cost $5 a month to use.

0 Likes
technogranny
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to the APP info on the app store and it appears a number of people had this problem after updating to IOS 9. Most have solved the problem by deleting and reinstalling VZ Navigator. Some lost their favorites and other data and some did not. I deleted and reinstalled and most but not all of my data was still available.

0 Likes
Bastokyg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had to delete and re-install. My favorites from the last couple of years have gone missing and my very, very old favorites, which I thought I had deleted, are back. Now I have to delete these and re-establish my current favorites one at a time.

If you're going to post an update, test it first! This is a pain.

I'm trying out the other free apps, like Apple maps and Google Maps, which weren't all that good a few years ago, but may be good enough now to replace this buggy VZNavigator app.

Snn5
Legend

Yes, there really is no excuse for not using a free app that is updated in real time and costs $0.  Of course if VZNav works GREAT for you, then it may very well be worth the extra. 

Bastokyg
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue with the other apps, in the past, is that I have a hearing impairment and the voices on some of the apps weren't clear. Because the VZNavigator app crashed today, when I needed it, I used the newest Apple Maps app and it was very clear, but it gave me the wrong directions (left turn when no left turn was legal). So, I'll try Google Maps again and see how that one works.

Snn5
Legend

Apple Maps had serious problems in the beginning.  Google Maps has a very nice and modern voice now.  Now, no app can know all the one-way streets, right -turn only corners and such, but GMaps is fairly well on-point.  It even has lane assistance now.  I remember my TomTom would just say "In half-mile take right onto freeway ramp."  No exit number, no inside or outside lane, just...right.

0 Likes
Bastokyg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a terrible sense of direction, and having lived in many different cities over the past few the years (SF Bay Area, Seattle, Nashville, NW Arkansas), I really needed a good clear non-anxiety way of getting around, and VZNavigator has been a life saver. I've been using it for many years, even on a flip phone back in the day, so to me it's been worth the $5/month. Time to check out the other available apps now though. Apple Maps, when it first came out, didn't even show huge areas of NW Arkansas that are heavily populated, so it wouldn't have done much good. Today it proved, right after the upgrade to iOS9, that it's perhaps worth considering. I remember when Google Maps did a similar thing as your Tom Tom app, it wouldn't tell you the street name, only "turn right." What I don't like about VZNavigator, these days, is it tells you to "get ready to turn..." instead of being specific like it used to be "get ready to turn... in .25 miles." I might pass 2 or 3 streets just in the "get ready" stage and it's disconcerting.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Today's hardware and sensors in phones are much better at calculations and algorithms so between more precise location and proper math between the location and the speed, there's not as much "waiting to turn somewhere" as there used to be.  Plus the distance to and time till are better given traffic updating is included now.  You can contribute that to everyone using Gmaps/Waze (same company) because, for example in your own location, there are probably 75% smartphone users in that area you're in, and when they stop at a light in town, that info goes into the real-time database and lets you know where the congestion is.  Now, on Android I use HERE maps because it can find a house number and voice navigate while OFFLINE, using NO data.  But, that's on my Android.