Verizon Msg: INTL IN US MESSAGING: This line sent
EarthBuffalo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mobile data usage is checked at the end of the month by calling #3282.  Today, three messages arrived about the time of the data request.  The first in no particular order was a new more detailed data usage text message.  Then two messages followed on a different number, 900080004000.  They read as follows:

Verison Msg: INTL IN US MESSAGING: This line SENT. 

Verizon Msg: INTL IN THE US SHARED MESSAGING: SENT

Can anyone explain the second two messages and maybe explain why they came from a different phone number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Msg: INTL IN US MESSAGING: This line sent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand wanting to know more with these new messages, EarthBuffalo. It is uncommon to get an alert back from a different number, but it can occur with you sending your message out first for your usage. The two later messages you received would indicate a line had sent international messages. Though most of our current and recent grandfathered plans include unlimited international messaging in the US at no additional cost. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
EarthBuffalo
Enthusiast - Level 2

ZakC_VZW,

I'm very concerned about Mobile data usage number #3282 or #data.  The messages are sent to my phone because #3282 is dialed on the phone and Verizon sends a data usage summary.  Just recently, Verizon appears to be sending the data to an unknown international destination in addition to my phone?  I would really like to know what is happening, because #DATA seems like a security risk at this point.  If anyone can explain, their efforts would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your security is one of our top priorities! We definitely want to get to the bottom of this ASAP! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can further assist you. MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes