Verizon Trade-In Customer Service
new5matt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Using the Verizon Trade-in Program, I sent my perfectly working iPhone 5 32GB to Verizon using the provided brown envelope.  Originally, the phone was appraised at $225 but I recently received an email stating I would only receive $85.50 because the "Device is broken - Side/Back is cracked or broken".

I've tried calling the 1-877 number over 10 times on multiple days and it always says to call back later.  I sent in a perfectly working phone using the Verizon provided packaging... and now they say it is cracked?  This seems like a bit of a scam to me... I'm very temped to just move my numbers to a different carrier at this point.

Can someone from Verizon please contact me to look into this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Trade-In Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello new5matt,

I am sorry to hear that you are receiving a lower rate than was quoted when you sent in your device. I know how disappointing it must be to get a message like that! You can go to the trade in website http://vz.to/1ktcNXL and click the "contact us" option. They will supply you with a photo of the damage to the device, so you can see what they are referring to.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello new5matt,

I am sorry to hear that you are receiving a lower rate than was quoted when you sent in your device. I know how disappointing it must be to get a message like that! You can go to the trade in website http://vz.to/1ktcNXL and click the "contact us" option. They will supply you with a photo of the damage to the device, so you can see what they are referring to.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MissAndiBean
Enthusiast - Level 3

Smiley Sad I've read so many people are having this same issue. I'm thinking I'm not going to do the trade in. My phone is in brand new condition. A Verizon store employee told me it was definitely in perfect  condition for the full amount trade in program, but I've seen so many people talking about how once their phone arrive for the trade in that they are being told there's cracks or phone wont turn on etc. Thinking it may be better to just sell my 5 on Ebay rather than sending it in and being told I'll only be getting $25 and not $200.

new5matt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd recommend using one of the many other popular trade-in services. (Just google "sell my iPhone"). I've used them in the past and they actually send proper packaging so your device doesn't break on the way there's.

I used Verizon because I figured I wouldn't have any problems with what I thought was a reputable company.  Guess I was wrong.

0 Likes