Very bad network coverage over the last month or so
guitaaron
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 6.  I noticed that since the last iOS update and/or carrier settings update (I'm not sure where it started) I get less bars in the same places and I'm getting more dropped calls.  I've tried resetting the network settings and resetting ALL settings and it hasn't worked. I've since talked to three other friends with iPhones (both 5's and 6's) that are having the same issue.  One of them didn't even upgrade to iOS 8.3 so we're inclined to believe something has happened with Verizon's carrier settings.  It's very frustrating because I'm in a location where coverage maps indicate a very strong signal and I'm constantly having the phone go into "weak signal" mode and burning down the battery. Is there a known issue with iPhones not performing as well on the Verizon network since the last carrier settings update? If so, is there another software release coming to fix it?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Very bad network coverage over the last month or so
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the imporance of having service in your area Shannon79! When did this start? How long has this been going on for? What is the make/model of your device? Where are you (zip code) currently having the issues at?

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What's your zip code?

0 Likes
guitaaron
Enthusiast - Level 2

30214, 30215, 30269, 30265, and other surrounding zip codes.  It's been happening over the entire general area.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you getting 4G and only a few bars? 3G and a few bars? Extended and a few bars?

0 Likes
Shannon79

I'm getting bad service lately also

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the imporance of having service in your area Shannon79! When did this start? How long has this been going on for? What is the make/model of your device? Where are you (zip code) currently having the issues at?

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
guitaaron
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started happening with the carrier settings update that was around the same time as the iOS 8.3 software update.  Before that it was working fine.  I thought it was my phone but 2 or 3 other people I know on Verizon have made the same comment.  It's happening for 3G, 4G, everything it seems.  Just seems like everything got weaker in the last month or so.  I've already tried "reset network settings," "reset all", etc. all the normal steps.

0 Likes
wkoffel

My wife and I are both experiencing this as well.  I'm on an iPhone 6, she's on an iPhone 5S.  Mine reports carrier software "Verizon 20.1", Modem Firmware "2.41.00".  I'm in the Boston metro area.

I regularly get 3G where I know there is LTE coverage, often fewer bars than I'm used to, and sometimes nearly non-existent download speeds and "Extended" network.  Usually, toggling airplane mode fixes the problem, but of course also forces me to have to reconnect bluetooth devices which is quite annoying, and often interrupts other data access in progress that's stalled due to network problems.  To be clear, this is somewhat intermittent, it's probably every 3-4 days that I have to kick it hard to get it behaving again.  But I've never done that with this phone or my prior ones until this update.

It has seemed had to me since the carrier update about a month ago.  I didn't notice any particular change with iOS version updates.

I have tried resetting network settings and rebooting the phone with no apparent change.

0 Likes
goosewife
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem... dropped calls and my text messages fail to send at least half of the time.  Very frustrating.  I live in Western Massachusetts.

0 Likes
Birdman0264
Enthusiast - Level 1

After reading all these messages, I'm glad I'm not the only Verizon Wireless customer with crappy service this past month! What the heck is going on? I live in Upstate NY in the Catskills with a Verizon Wireless Network Extender in my home. I never had a problem until the carrier update also. I have crappy service even in the lower Hudson Valley too, not just at home.

0 Likes