Re: Very bad network coverage over the last month or so
dbvirago
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for opening the ticket. Note, however that none of the factors listed has changed since the service has deteriorated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dbvirago, I do apologize, and clarify. I have not opened a ticket at this time, and was wondering if one had been opened. We can help get one set up for you if one has not been set up through customer service.

If needed, I will send you a DM. Please respond back, and I will be in contact to assist with the set up process.

If you prefer, you may also reach out to 1-800-922-0204 for assistance with ticket set up too.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
goosewife
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Verizon customer for 24 years with the same zip code.... Never until a month ago were my calls dropped and texts fail to send. No new mountains have grown. What is going on?

Take care,

Denise Gosselin

0 Likes
dbvirago
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, I misread your post. I have worked with a couple of customer service people already and we just keep circling back to the fact that I'm in a variable coverage area and I can buy an extender. Neither of which answers my underlying question of what changed.  Based in the timing of all of the posts I have read from other people with the exact same complaint, I think Verizon either doesn't have as many towers as it used to or otherwised has restricted its bandwidth. Coincidentally at about the same time the reported problems began, Verizon sold off its towers to a third party. I have to assume that means that they now pay a leasing fee for access and bandwidth and therefore possibly dropped towers.

I am not necessarily looking for a solution to my phone in my home, but the reason that on this and every forum, Twitter feed, Facebook page and complaint boards I can find, that there are a large number of people saying the same thing. Verizon used to have the best coverage and now it is marginal at best. So I ask again, WHAT CHANGED? Not with me, my phone, my location, or my phone, because none of them have changed. What changed with Verizon?

0 Likes
dbvirago
Enthusiast - Level 3

Denise, this is the exact same question I have been trying to get answered. If you do an internet search, you will find a lot of people with the same problem and they all started happening recently. Keep asking questions here and on Verizon's Twitter and Facebook page. I am also going to start looking into FCC and consumer rights groups and begin lodging complaints there. The cost of ownership continues to rise; I don't expect service to deteriorate.

0 Likes
imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am with you on that one, I think we need to start directing complaints somewhere it matters rather than VZ whos seems to brush it off or delete "moderate" posts they dont like. They either arent putting the pieces together there is a larger problem or wont admit it. I have worked hours with support with many reps and tier 2 etc. their answer is to buy an extender or change service. im sorry but VZ should have decent service in downtown PHX the 5th largest city. I think it is either an Apple iOS issue with VZ or VZ not sure where the blame lies but acknowledgement there is a problem is deserved to the many customers complaining of the same thing. I did hear T-mobile getting rid of a bunch of towers and is also a possible factor. Please let me know dbvirago where you go to complain, ill join you and direct others.

0 Likes
imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

My only other suggested test is to try a Samsung and see if it still occurs. Then we would at least know if it is phone type/software related or Service based.    

0 Likes
dbvirago
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an Android phone, LG G3, one of the latest and best, so it's not the phone. Also, there are too many people with a variety of hardware making the same complaint. I'm in Atlanta, so, just like Phoenix, there should be no problem. I drove about 60 miles today and never got more than 2 bars and no 4G. I'll keep you posted, but meanwhile, go to their Facebook and Twitter pages and start there. Current and potential customers look there.

0 Likes
imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah been there but dont think twitter is the best place to work on issues because of a character limit. I think they direct you there for some sort of marketing or money incentive. Phone support really is the most efficient and quickest. (tier 2 is key)

0 Likes
guitaaron
Enthusiast - Level 2

After doing some research I'm hypothesizing there are two things going on:

1.  Verizon sold off all their towers earlier this year in a huge $10 Billion deal.  I'm sure no one's going to admit that's a factor, but seems like an awfully big coincidence.

2. They just rolled out VoLTE 1.0.  If you've ever bought something from Apple, you know to never use version 1.0 of anything.  It did provide really awesome call quality when I tried it, but then calls kept dropping so I had to remove it.  Also, it's "supposed to" transition from 4G to 3G seamlessly, but that doesn't actually happen.

In my case, I figured out the "Advanced Calling Features" of VoLTE were the root cause.  However, even after fixing that I've noticed more dead spots then we had before.

And as for these "marginal/variable" coverage areas.  Let's throw a number on it - What does that mean exactly, as in dB signal loss?  Why aren't any of these areas depicted on the coverage maps on the Verizon webpage or in stores?  All I see is my entire local area colored red.  Seems a bit misleading to me.

0 Likes