Visual voicemail setup freezes
julsgold
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ported from sprint to verizon, upgraded my 4s to a 6s.  When I try to set up visual voicemail, after selecting a greeting
it goes to the 'setting up voicemail' screen and freezes.  I rebooted many times but always freezes.  When I open voicemail says I have to set up voicemail.  I can get my voicemail via *86 so it IS setup.  Help!  No one at the Verizon store can help me, nor can Apple support.

Labels (2)
Re: Visual voicemail setup freezes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@julsgold

First, I'd like to welcome you to the Verizon Wireless family!  You made a great choice in purchasing the new Apple iPhone 6s.  Let's ensure you're able to successfully setup and retrieve your voice mail messages.

Please ensure that Wi-Fi is "off": http://vz.to/1GtUoqm.  Ensure your device has a cellular data connection (3G or 4G LTE).  Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sarineshah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue!!! Someone please help. I've tried to call technical support but they can't seem to figure it out

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure that your device is running in top form! May I ask if you were able to review the instructions provided above?

YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Melinda-67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with a 5s to 6s upgrade. I hate having to dial into voicemail!!!! Someone fix this. The iPhone directions won't work with Verizon carrier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Melinda,

I love using the visual voicemail on my phone instead of having to dial in. It makes everything much more convenient. At the top left corner of your device, does it show Verizon 3G or Verizon LTE? When you go to the voicemail option on the phone, what does it show?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes