Voicemail issues with iPhone 6
tperkins2

<< Message moved to this space for better exposure >>

I had done "Erase all Settings and Content" for an unrelated issue (to be able to restore from an iCloud backup) which didn't solve the voicemail issue. I called Verizon Customer Support, who had me do similar things (wanted to reset Network Settings, etc.), but finally transferred me to Technical Support. From there, I was told to try it on LTE (the original voicemail setup has to be done on the Verizon Network, this did not resolve my issue, but it may help other people). The next step was that she reprovisioned my voicemail, at which point she noticed that my account was using the "iPhone 5" voicemail system, which is apparently different from the "iPhone 6" system (I had just upgraded from an iPhone 5) and this worked immediately.

tl;dr: Verizon technical support reprovisioned my voicemail and that solved the problem

Message was edited for clarity by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail issues with iPhone 6
sj32

I'm glad I went here first.  I had the same problem after upgrading from an iPhone 4S to a 6.  Making the call to Customer Service knowing that I needed my voicemail reprovisioned helped speed up the process.  After talking to a CSR and then tech support, I think they are becoming more aware of the problem and the solution.  I had to wait on hold for several minutes, but my dealings with customer service and tech support were quick and the reprovisioning solved the problem.

sj

0 Likes