WOW...Turned down $750
LeeroyJenkins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just went to a verizon store and tried to have a iPhone 6 ordered. I want it on the prepaid plan and at first they said sure. Then she came back and said they can't activate it on the prepaid plan but said I could get a iPhone 5s on Prepaid.

WOW… I show up and offer $750 for a 64GB and was turned down. I have NEVER been to a company and offer $750 for something that cost $750 and be turned away

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WOW...Turned down $750
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeeroyJenkins, we would love to see you in that iPhone 6 device! It's unfortunate that our prepay network does not support that device at this time. You have a 14 day Worry Free Guarantee which allows you to return/exchange your device for any reason. http://vz.to/1upF9pi

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Why would pre-pay not support the iPhone 6. you can bring ANY phone to pre-paid now. There is nothing special about the iPhone 6.

Not applicable

LeeroyJenkins wrote:

WOW… I show up and offer $750 for a 64GB and was turned down. I have NEVER been to a company and offer $750 for something that cost $750 and be turned away

You know how much Verizon makes off that iPhone? $0 as in ZERO. So when you infer they "lost" $750, no they didn't.

0 Likes
LeeroyJenkins
Enthusiast - Level 1

mrhelper wrote:

LeeroyJenkins wrote:

You know how much Verizon makes off that iPhone? $0 as in ZERO. So when you infer they "lost" $750, no they didn't.

Well looks like they are loosing more than that. I'm changing carriers. Smiley Happy That's why I never sign a contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly do not want to lose you, Leeroy! The iPhone 6 can be purchased on a month-to-month agreement with the same great benefits as a contract customer. I hope that we can restore your confidence in us!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

We certainly do not want to lose you, Leeroy! The iPhone 6 can be purchased on a month-to-month agreement with the same great benefits as a contract customer. I hope that we can restore your confidence in us!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

YaleK_VZW The question remains, though, if 4G LTE phones CAN be used on a pre-paid plan why CAN'T an iPhone 6 paid for at FULL RETAIL cost be used on a pre-paid plan????

LeeroyJenkins was not asking to put the phone on a month-to-month agreement, they were asking to put it on a pre-paid plan. The pre-paid plan starts at $45/month and a single line month-to-month plan starts at $60/month. That is an ADDITIONAL cost of $180/year on a month-to-month plan vs a pre-paid plan.

You could probably "restore their confidence in you" by offering the month-to-month plan at $180/year LESS EXPENSIVE or allow the use of the iPhone 6 on a pre-paid plan. The iPhone 5 is available on a pre-paid plan, WHY NOT THE IPHONE 6?????????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great point, rcshnoor! I definitely want to make sure we are presenting all available options to LeeroyJenkins. While at this time we are unable to sell the device directly on a Prepaid account due to system limitations we can work to complete a postpaid to prepaid migration once the device is active if desired.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Not applicable

What system limitations? I assume if I move my 4G device to pre-paid I'm getting to use the 4G network. So what limitations are there? I think people who are considering pre-paid have right to know how their device is limited. As I said there is nothing special about the iPhone 6.

0 Likes