Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WOW...Turned down $750
LeeroyJenkins

Just went to a verizon store and tried to have a iPhone 6 ordered. I want it on the prepaid plan and at first they said sure. Then she came back and said they can't activate it on the prepaid plan but said I could get a iPhone 5s on Prepaid.

WOW… I show up and offer $750 for a 64GB and was turned down. I have NEVER been to a company and offer $750 for something that cost $750 and be turned away

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WOW...Turned down $750
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

LeeroyJenkins, we would love to see you in that iPhone 6 device! It's unfortunate that our prepay network does not support that device at this time. You have a 14 day Worry Free Guarantee which allows you to return/exchange your device for any reason. http://vz.to/1upF9pi

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Why would pre-pay not support the iPhone 6. you can bring ANY phone to pre-paid now. There is nothing special about the iPhone 6.

Not applicable

LeeroyJenkins wrote:

WOW… I show up and offer $750 for a 64GB and was turned down. I have NEVER been to a company and offer $750 for something that cost $750 and be turned away

You know how much Verizon makes off that iPhone? $0 as in ZERO. So when you infer they "lost" $750, no they didn't.

0 Likes
LeeroyJenkins

mrhelper wrote:

LeeroyJenkins wrote:

You know how much Verizon makes off that iPhone? $0 as in ZERO. So when you infer they "lost" $750, no they didn't.

Well looks like they are loosing more than that. I'm changing carriers. Smiley Happy That's why I never sign a contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly do not want to lose you, Leeroy! The iPhone 6 can be purchased on a month-to-month agreement with the same great benefits as a contract customer. I hope that we can restore your confidence in us!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

We certainly do not want to lose you, Leeroy! The iPhone 6 can be purchased on a month-to-month agreement with the same great benefits as a contract customer. I hope that we can restore your confidence in us!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

YaleK_VZW The question remains, though, if 4G LTE phones CAN be used on a pre-paid plan why CAN'T an iPhone 6 paid for at FULL RETAIL cost be used on a pre-paid plan????

LeeroyJenkins was not asking to put the phone on a month-to-month agreement, they were asking to put it on a pre-paid plan. The pre-paid plan starts at $45/month and a single line month-to-month plan starts at $60/month. That is an ADDITIONAL cost of $180/year on a month-to-month plan vs a pre-paid plan.

You could probably "restore their confidence in you" by offering the month-to-month plan at $180/year LESS EXPENSIVE or allow the use of the iPhone 6 on a pre-paid plan. The iPhone 5 is available on a pre-paid plan, WHY NOT THE IPHONE 6?????????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Great point, rcshnoor! I definitely want to make sure we are presenting all available options to LeeroyJenkins. While at this time we are unable to sell the device directly on a Prepaid account due to system limitations we can work to complete a postpaid to prepaid migration once the device is active if desired.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Not applicable

What system limitations? I assume if I move my 4G device to pre-paid I'm getting to use the 4G network. So what limitations are there? I think people who are considering pre-paid have right to know how their device is limited. As I said there is nothing special about the iPhone 6.

0 Likes