Want to upgrade to iPhone6 but my contract does not end for a year
jhvigil

Are there any deals for people in my situation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Want to upgrade to iPhone6 but my contract does not end for a year
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jhvigil,

We love to offer options! Please sign into MyVerizon and click on "ugrade now"  on your line to see what upgrade options are available.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jhvigil

This is a very poor answer! I already did that which is why I am asking this question.. There are no deals there. The only option is to buy the phone outright.. Please provide a better answer or if you don't know, then say so or don't respond

Thanks,

J. Vigil

0 Likes
Bigfatdan
Enthusiast - Level 2

What he is asking is are there any other options besides paying full price to upgrade.  I am in the same situation.  My upgrade date is Oct, 2015 so the only option that shows is upgrade at full price.  I don't mind signing up for 2 more years for a discount but I can't pay 850 dollars.  If that's the only option I will just have to wait another year.

0 Likes
jhvigil

Thanks BigfatDan, I looked at some competitors and one is offering to pay $300 per device, not only that but the cost of the contract is less than Verizon.. If Verizon is not willing to deal, I'll happily move to a competitor..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jhvigil,

Thanks for the details! Verizon Wireless offers every customer new discounted equipment every 24 months based on the agreed contract. My apologies, if your device is not eligible for a current promotion. We love to offer various offers, and you can keep checking back to see if a promotion becomes available for your line.

PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jhvigil

So in other words, live with it or get out.

Thanks for help me make up my mind

0 Likes
uptechie

LOL. I'm not one to defend Verizon but those are clearly the terms you signed up for when you got the 2 year contract. There is no clause that says "if the customer reeeally wants the cool new iPhone we'll give them a discount." Yeah it sucks and other carriers have better deals for upgrading more often, but you can't expect Verizon® (NYSE: VZ) didn't make over $23.5 billion in net income last year by letting people out of their awful contracts.

For what it's worth I'm in the same boat. Other carriers let you pay for the full price over the phone in monthly installments over a couple of years, no interest, without being tied down to a contact, with the option to upgrade at no charge after a year. You may pay a little more each month but it's definitely better if you want the latest devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jhvigil!

That's truly not what we are saying at all! We don't want you to go anywhere, we want you to stay with us! We offer a trade in program that allows you to trade in your phone and put it towards the device you want to upgrade. Check out the link here: http://vz.to/1mfkksD

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jhvigil

I hear you there uptechie.. The only reason we signed them is because it was required by them. Not because we wanted to. So I went ahead and made switch... I am typing this on my new iPhone 6 Smiley Happy

Verizon is okay and they can keep there business model. I for one am done with them.

Thanks,

J. Vigil

0 Likes