What is my mailbox number?
Carleigh_garrett
Enthusiast - Level 1

I own an iPhone 6 and am struggling with my voicemail. No one has been able to leave me voicemails. When I try to access my voicemail by pressing the icon under phone it calls voicemail then asks who I would like to leave a message for or says to press pound to access your own voicemail. I then press pound and it asks me to enter my mailbox number so I tried my 10 digit phone number and have also tried my phones 4 digit password. It says that both are not valid. I've also tried resetting my network settings and that didn't change anything.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is my mailbox number?
D3V4N
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is pretty simple to do. Calll Verizon Customer Support 1(800)922-0204. @At the main menu you'll hear a prompt for technical support (or hit #3) and in the prompts you'll hear a question about needing help changing your voicemail number. Carleigh.garrett AyaniB_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am certain we can get you access to your voicemail Carleigh.garrett. Has your voicemail ever worked on your phone? Lets try placing a call from your phone directly to your phone number. When you hear the recording press the # symbol to access your voicemail. If you have not created a voicemail password before, the default should be the last 4 digits of your phone number. Are you able to access voicemail this way?

BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
Carleigh_garrett
Enthusiast - Level 1

when I try that it still says it is not a valid mailbox number

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, we’ll get this figured out. When did the problem begin? Please dial *73 and attempt to check you voicemail again?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
D3V4N
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is pretty simple to do. Calll Verizon Customer Support 1(800)922-0204. @At the main menu you'll hear a prompt for technical support (or hit #3) and in the prompts you'll hear a question about needing help changing your voicemail number. Carleigh.garrett AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
BillB4717
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am going in circles. Every step asks me my mailbox number for which I have no idea what it is.  It is not the last four number of the phone. For the voicemail "password: it keeps asking me to create and then re-input the number, over and over again, with no explanation. Calling from my landline continues to keep me going in circles.  There does not seem to be a clear cut method to reset the mailbox number and create a new one... or is there?

kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to be able to access your voicemail. We'd like to see what's going on. Please send us a Private Message for assistance. We can help you figure out what's going on.

0 Likes