When does pre-order not mean the same thing as it did years ago?
xfiles
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am sick and tired of waiting for my four 6 Plus's that I pre-ordered on pre-order day. Everyone I know personally and online that ordered on pre-order day has received their 6 Plus's. I have been with Verizon since the Cellular one days and I have never had such a bad taste in my mouth from this pre-order mess. I am happy that some people are getting their phones, but they ordered after me VERIZON!!! I have checked and my pre-order is still valid and I continue to wait for the expected ship date of October 24th. Even if I ordered today, I would have an expected delivery of only one to three weeks beyond the 24th. It is now 30 days since I ordered and still have to wait at least several more. My basic questions is why is this taking so long!!!! This is the definition of poor and disappointing customer service!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When does pre-order not mean the same thing as it did years ago?
xfiles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Come on Verizon, fill the pre-orders. What happened to customer service? I will never again pre-order anything from you. I also know that you do not care, as I will just be replaced with another customer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Supply and demand... Any company will have the same problem... You can see the same things on other carriers and overseas. Apple fills their stock first Then pass the rest to 393rd parties like carriers, bestbuy, and such.

0 Likes
xfiles
Enthusiast - Level 2

At this point, I am just hoping to get my new phones in time so I can send back my four iPhone 4's to get my $800.00 trade in value. People are walking into stores and getting the same phones I have on pre-order. What is wrong with this picture. I am paying full price for four 6 Plus's and then you are still going to charge me $30.00 per line to activate them. This is crazy. After one month, I am done with this!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Online and in stores are different inventories and Apple has the most stock. This is a common problem since the iPhone was released.

0 Likes
xfiles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I have seen Verizon Staff reply to several posts in all of these area's, but not to me. All I want is a tracking number for my phones. I have an entire family of four on iPhone 4's and need to move on. I am even willing to pay full retail, off contract. I am keeping my four Unlimited Data Plan lines that I started over four years ago. Maybe because I am keeping my UDP lines my order is being slowed down? Maybe because I would not move to one of your Share Everything Plans and see my bill go up $40+ each month. Whatever it is, I will stand firm and if needed, by them from Apple. A company that does care more about their customers and loyalty then Verizon. I know that this is the last ever purchase I will make with your company and I will tell everyone about this pre-order mess, in addition to creating a website dedicated to this mess, with plenty of key words that will get caught in every search engines "crawl" through cyberspace. If just one person does not buy from you, or sign up for one of your plans, it will make me feel good, even though VERIZON could care less about one longtime customer. As soon as my FiOS contact is up, DirecTV, here I come. I have several high speed Internet companies to chose from besides Verizon in my area. Good day Mr. Daniel S. Mead, President and CEO of Verizon Wireless! By the way, I do know that you do not care. Your moderators will now probably ban me from the forums, which is what I expect. The truth hurts.

0 Likes
MartinHines785
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would suggest taking all your four phones to a corporate Verizon Wireless store on or before 10/15.    Have the store cancel your other order.

If you call Verizon Customer Service, someone SHOULD be able to determine the status of your existing order, even if it is just to see that it exists.

0 Likes
punnysang
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems like verizon messed up pretty big because I ordered an iPhone 6 plus 16gb gold on about 9/18 and I'm getting it on Wednesday and i also ordered an iPhone 6 16gb gold on 9/27 and I'm getting it this Wed for that as well. Seems as though people who are getting them at the Verizon stores are getting them earlier than me (also earlier than rest of the preorder.)

you should check the inventory at your corporate verizon store and just cancel your online pre-orders. That may be the fastest.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know you're anxious to get your new phones as well as your trade in gift cards, xfiles. No need to worry! As long as your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and you visit www.vzw.com/tradein to submit your trade in details for the iPhone promotion http://vz.to/Zdf8hC before October 15th, you'll receive shipping materials to return your old device to Verizon Wireless within 7 days after receiving the your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, but no later than 12/01/2014. Also, if paying furetail price for your new phones, there's no activation fee involved. We appreciate your patience for these high-demand devices. Keep checking http://bit.ly/RjmCUB for the status of your order or any tracking details.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
fearhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

BLAH BLAH  BLAH ! Verizon keeps saying the same thing! Put your try harder panties on and get the customer's their phones!!

0 Likes