When i'm receiving calls, my iphone just vibrates and does not ring. However, my iPad rings instead. I never knowingly made any changes to this effect.I need my phone to ring and not my iPad!
avy4723

When I'm receiving calls on my iphone 6, the phone just vibrates and does not ring. However, the ringer goes off on my iPad instead, despite the fact that I never made such a change. How can I get the ringer to work on my iPhone, as was the case all along, until recently, and not on my iPad?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When i'm receiving calls, my iphone just vibrates and does not ring. However, my iPad rings instead. I never knowingly made any changes to this effect.I need my phone to ring and not my iPad!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
avy4723, Thanks, We'll figure this out! The issue you're experiencing seems to be related to new features of Facetime with the most recent iOS8 update. In order to turn this feature off, please access your iPhone Settings icon, then scroll down until you find FaceTime. Tap it, then disable iPhone Cellular Calls.Then Repeat the process on every other iDevice that's ringing when it shouldn't be or using the same Apple ID. Please let us know if this helps.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When i'm receiving calls, my iphone just vibrates and does not ring. However, my iPad rings instead. I never knowingly made any changes to this effect.I need my phone to ring and not my iPad!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I know its important to have your iPhone ringing instead of your iPad avy4723 so lets get this resolved. Do you have your Ipad and Iphone connected to the same itunes login?

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
avy4723

Yes, my iPhone and iPad are connected to the same iCloud and apple id login.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
avy4723, Thanks, We'll figure this out! The issue you're experiencing seems to be related to new features of Facetime with the most recent iOS8 update. In order to turn this feature off, please access your iPhone Settings icon, then scroll down until you find FaceTime. Tap it, then disable iPhone Cellular Calls.Then Repeat the process on every other iDevice that's ringing when it shouldn't be or using the same Apple ID. Please let us know if this helps.
TanishaS_VZW
0 Likes
avy4723

Thanks a lot, this advice was very helpful and has achieved the desired results. My iPhone is ringing again when calls are coming in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
avy4723,

I'm so glad to learn that everything is OK now, that's great news! We're here to help if needed, along with the helpful community members in the forums! Have an awesome day!

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes